The title pretty much says it all. I would like a chrome/silver pickguard and single coil pickup cover for my starcaster. Thanks in advance.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
I don't know any reputable dealer that offers them.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Warmoth can probably help you with the pickguard and the pickup covers could probably be bought from Musicians Friend. I ordered chrome Gibson humbucker covers from them and they did what they should.
http://www.warmoth.com/Stratreg-Pickup-Cover-Chrome-P859.aspx
a google search brought that up as one of the first hits. Warmoth is certainly reputable.
Here is a pickguard, again, first five hits on google.
http://www.allparts.com/099-1360-100-Fender-Chrome-Stratocaster-Pickguard_p_141.html
Here are the pickup covers from the same company.
http://www.allparts.com/stratocaster-pickup-covers
Warmoth don't do silver or chrome.

eBay is a good place to heck if you want something very weird. WD Music and Allparts have most common configurations. Terrapin (http://www.terrapinguitars.com) can make you damn near anything you could ever want, though all their Fender-style pickguards are made for Fender production models and may not fit Squiers and other copy brands.

As for silver or chrome single coil covers, same places.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you have the appropriate metal base parts, you could take them to an electroplating shop and see what it would cost to have it done locally. That way you could get actual chrome or nickel plating, although chrome would be more durable.

Parts you might be getting online could just be polished or sprayed on and might "wear" prematurely. The polished "black chrome" parts on my Ibanez have worn away to a matte finish in some spots. The pick guard gets a lot of hand/skin oil time compared to the pickup covers.

Not sure if a true metal pickguard would have an impact on the sound of the instrument. Probably not much.
Quote by ohaple
Did you just completely not read my post?
I linked a warmoth page with chrome covers.... and linked allparts also..
Why go custom when allparts carries it?

I meant the pickguard; Warmoth's minimum order makes it pointless to buy a few pickup covers from them
And you go custom if there are features you want that are different from the standard MIA spec. Since OP specified they have a Starcaster, this is very important. The common parts that Allparts and such sell may not fit, so having a custom guard cut may be the only option.

Quote by bigblockelectra

Not sure if a true metal pickguard would have an impact on the sound of the instrument. Probably not much.

It does. It makes the sound of the guitar much, much brighter (I can not overstate how much brighter it gets) and it increases sustain. The drawback (aside from the huge increase in brightness, if that isn't a tone you want) is the pickguard may become part of the ground/electrical circuit and then you're getting noise or creating a shock hazard.

The very first mod I ever did yo a guitar was to make a metal pickguard for an Epi LP Junior. Even though the pickguard on those guitars does not touch the pickup, controls or bridge at all, it totally changed how the guitar sounded. It is an absolutely gigantic difference.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Mar 26, 2013,
Which starcaster is it? the new beginner brand style? or the old style? The new style is just a strat. The old style is the semi-hollow. If its the new kind, make sure to tell us which kind... starcaster is more a brand than a model. If its a newer Starcaster by Fender Strat style, strat parts should fit in the same way they would fit a squier strat or any other. If thats the case, the allparts links above should work.

Any yes^^^ metal pickguard will change the tone, since you are throwing a bunch of metal in where the magnetic field is impacted.
Last edited by ohaple at Mar 27, 2013,
Its the new starter one, it's the arrow head model that was made in indonesia.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
IS this Starcaster a 3x single like a Strat? guitarfetish sells strat pickguards mirror finish for 20.95$ as far as I know they have no minimun order.