guys can anyone help me by suggesting tricks to reduce the pain and soreness on the fingertips ?

i have been playing for about 3 years now , and i had taken a 1-month break from playing , and when i returned and played , my fingers hurt like hell .

now i can't play at a stretch for any longer than an hour , my fingers hurt too much .

help please ?
Man up
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Wrong forum. But yeah, don't try to prevent it. Embrace it. Usually, the more you do it, the faster it goes away. At least for me.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Play until you got blisters, then play some more.

Seriously, it's the only way you'll get calluses, and the only way to stop the pain while still being able to play.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

3 years and it still hurts? Do you put on a lot of lotion or something?

Edit: Don't answer that
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Mar 26, 2013,
Wait it out till you get calluses.
And whatever you do.
Don't.
Use.
Lotion.
¯\_()_/¯
Dip your entire hand (left and right) into molten candle wax. It will burn a little. Once it hardens, dip it in again and let that layer harden. Repeat this process until all the candle wax is used up.

Then remove the wax for a waxy glove that you really can't use for anything, besides melting and using for a candle.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your finger pain.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
^ ^
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

eGraham wins the post of the night thread.

On topic. I dunno. Play more?
I just went from playing on 9s to playing on 13s. I feel your pain. But I'm getting used to it.
Remember how much that shit hurt when you first started playing? It can’t be as bad as that!

I always thought of that as the draw to playing, if it hurts then you know you're getting somewhere, .017 or .018 for the high E is the only way I enjoy playing anymore, the guitar sounds better that way & it requires you to put more effort into clarity, no room for sloppy playing, after a while of playing like that you can go back to something with .009 or .010 & play it like it's butter. But that's me; I don't find it fun unless it's eating my hands up. The more you play the quicker it goes away, use it as an incentive to play, it'll help put that emotion into your music, express the pain, man!
Quote by eGraham
Dip your entire hand (left and right) into molten candle wax. It will burn a little. Once it hardens, dip it in again and let that layer harden. Repeat this process until all the candle wax is used up.

Then remove the wax for a waxy glove that you really can't use for anything, besides melting and using for a candle.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your finger pain.

Genius. Sheer and utter genius.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Cauterize the nerve endings on your fingertips with a blow torch.

That's an easy one.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Ice maybe?

You know what, I never really sought to cure sore fingertips for some reason... it always gets in the way of practicing at home (if Im having sore fingertips from playing guitar its either Im on a creative/ inspired zone and playing for hours) and sometimes even at band practice, but now I usually play often enough that my fingers are constantly "calloused" and don't hurt. Except my right ring and middle fnger hurt because I wrote a song with a lot of tapping parts recently xD
Like they say "no pain, no gain". You have to build your calluses back up. What I do when I have to build mine back up is do a day on, day off routine. Yes, may take a little longer but, the pain will be less.
^Yeah same. I'll play until it hurts a lot the first day, basically take the day off next day but play a little just to let the fingers know that this wasn't a one time thing. Day 3 they'll start developing and by day 5 I can play like normal. Also remember to put in some right hand tapping if you need it later while you're at it, because that's its own thing as well
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
"Ive got blisters on my fingers!!" Its all part of the wonderful world of stringed instruments!!!
Quote by DoubleBassCrash
Remember how much that shit hurt when you first started playing? It can’t be as bad as that!

I always thought of that as the draw to playing, if it hurts then you know you're getting somewhere, .017 or .018 for the high E is the only way I enjoy playing anymore, the guitar sounds better that way & it requires you to put more effort into clarity, no room for sloppy playing, after a while of playing like that you can go back to something with .009 or .010 & play it like it's butter. But that's me; I don't find it fun unless it's eating my hands up. The more you play the quicker it goes away, use it as an incentive to play, it'll help put that emotion into your music, express the pain, man!

Do you need a specific type of guitar to handle the heavier strings or can you adjust any guitar to compestate for the stress? I have a JS100.. I am just afraid that it will jack my guitar up if I put real heavy strings on it.... Any advice would be great. (besides getting another guitar. I plan on getting a Fender Strat soon.