Page 3 of 6
Quote by Dr. Bacon
Lol I can't even remember my Myspace password. Is that site worth goin back to?

It's a new site. You have to rejoin. Not that it takes more than 5 seconds to do that...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It's a new site. You have to rejoin. Not that it takes more than 5 seconds to do that...

I'll have to check it out. I've been pretty sick of Facebook lately. Especially with stupid-ass fads such as this thread topic.

Random guy: "Support gay rights!"
Me: "Support my foot up your ass!"
I support gay rights but Im not gonna change my avatar cause it doesn't seem like it has a point really.
Quote by Dr. Bacon
I'll have to check it out. I've been pretty sick of Facebook lately. Especially with stupid-ass fads such as this thread topic.

Random guy: "Support gay rights!"
Me: "Support my foot up your ass!"

That's pretty gay.
I'm not changing my status for this.

Gay rights are great, but this is just an opportunity for people to say "look how tolerant I am!"
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I don't think of this as slacktivism, it is just a collective way of showing support for marriage equality. There isn't a pretense of actually getting anything done because of the profile pic changes, unlike the Kony2012 campaign. Another difference is that pretty much everyone changing their profile pic already supports marriage equality and is choosing to be more vocal about it and it's not like they are jumping on a "holy shit, it turns out gays can't get married let's change this!" bandwagon.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by ErikLensherr
I vote we do this but with crazysam's avatar.

That's a great idea.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theogonia777
fuck gays

I think thats the idea.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
well this thread is certainly gay
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Weaponized
Are you guys all bigots or something??

I am.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 27, 2013,
Definitely not putting up with that default Mandy Moore nonsense
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Sweet, I was looking for something that would give me that warm fuzzy feeling of doing something good, without actually having to do anything that would require any actual effort.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Sweet, I was looking for something that would give me that warm fuzzy feeling of doing something good, without actually having to do anything that would require any actual effort.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale

It's like that time I changed my Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character, and that somehow stopped kids being abused.

I am such a superhero - why don't the government pay me for all this abuse I'm stopping, and all this tolerance I'm spreading?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It's like that time I changed my Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character, and that somehow stopped kids being abused.

I am such a superhero - why don't the government pay me for all this abuse I'm stopping, and all this tolerance I'm spreading?

Kony 2012 brah
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Kony 2012 brah

Fo' real, my brotha.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Exactly how will changing my avatar be of any importance in this gay rights thing? I support them, but this is stupid.
I have no sig
Quote by TooktheAtrain
how does this help?

it doesn't. that's the idea - pretending to help despite not doing anything and therefore not getting into any problems.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
it doesn't. that's the idea - pretending to help despite not doing anything and therefore not getting into any problems.

But I'm too lazy to change my avatar- How can I achieve a false sense of altruism?
Quote by TooktheAtrain
But I'm too lazy to change my avatar- How can I achieve a false sense of altruism?

like it on facebook.

or buy kony 2012 merchandise
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Thanks bro, I'll be enjoying my ill-founded sense of self-righteousness and compassion.

this is the year we change stuff

on our profiles and avatars

Yeah, I'm betting all the people who participated in the million man march should have just stayed home and gone "Yeah, I support it, but getting out of bed is a bit of a bother innit?" and it would've turned out the same.

Wake up people!
The best part about this slacktivism is that it's been suggested that's it's actually detrimental.

People get a sense of worth from doing this shit which stops them from actually doing good deeds in real life - they've already received their boost of endorphins or whatever, so they don't actively seek these opportunities to do good in real life
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Weaponized
Yeah, I'm betting all the people who participated in the million man march should have just stayed home and gone "Yeah, I support it, but getting out of bed is a bit of a bother innit?" and it would've turned out the same.

Wake up people!

such marches are hardly that effective either

and changing your avatar on a guitar forum isn't really comparable to walking in a march.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
such marches are hardly that effective either

and changing your avatar on a guitar forum isn't really comparable to walking in a march.
Yeah your right fuk that i just wanna stay at home and tell people they are being dumb by doing anytrhing fek those idiots

Wake up people!
Quote by Weaponized
Yeah your right fuk that i just wanna stay at home and tell people they are being dumb by doing anytrhing fek those idiots

Wake up people!

in what way are you changing your avatar doing anything else?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
hurr i dont need no fags on my world wide web check the CONTSITTUIONS homo

we're done here
Quote by Weaponized
we're done here

yarp
Isn't shit like this just acknowledging that they're different from us? When I see a gay guy I treat him as some guy, not a gay guy. I never understood black history month or any things like that. You're just making the problem worse by talking about it like this.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.