Roughly, a year ago, I upgraded the two humbuckers in my Ibanez S-470 (HSH) with a seymour duncan jazz in the neck and a seymour duncan jb in the bridge, but I never upgraded the single coil in the middle. This has left me only using my neck and bridge pick-ups. I play a wide range of classic rock, blues, jazz, ska, and alternative without much to be desired tonally. Based on this, should I upgrade the neglected single coil in the middle? I'd put it to use if I did...

What single coil pickup would go well with a SD jazz and SD JB?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Mar 27, 2013,
Based on the kind of music you play, I assume you use a lot of overdrive and that your clean tone always need to be a little gritty as well. I think a single coil with a high output could be really a good fit. You wouldn't have a crisp clean sound, but you make up for it on a nice mid-range and definitely hot twangy attack.
dimazio area 67 maybe?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
Roughly, a year ago, I upgraded the two humbuckers in my Ibanez S-470 (HSH) with a seymour duncan jazz in the neck and a seymour duncan jb in the bridge, but I never upgraded the single coil in the middle. This has left me only using my neck and bridge pick-ups. I play a wide range of classic rock, blues, jazz, ska, and alternative without much to be desired tonally. Based on this, should I upgrade the neglected single coil in the middle? I'd put it to use if I did...

What single coil pickup would go well with a SD jazz and SD JB?

Hey Robin

I would suggest giving Andy at Wizard pickups a call / email

the tone and build quality of his stuff is amazing and very reasonably priced too! i'm sure he can advise you on what would work best for your guitar

[forbidden link]