Well I need new strings for my electric guitar, and I wondering what (for you) Is the best strings to go with? I heard ernie ball is good...
-Let the led out-
Assuming your a beginner, to be honest it doesnt really matter. Get whats cheap. Whats more important is considering the gauges (how thick the strings are) that you buy, as this will drastically affect tension playability of the strings.
If your in standard tuning I'd start of with either a 42-9 (very light) or 46-10 (light/medium).

However you can get strings like Elixr's which last longer and dont rust and lose tone as quickly
METAL!
Ultraussie's right. I love Ernie Balls though.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Yeah what tuning you're gonna play in matters a lot..if you're new and gonna play standard I'd just say get D'addario exl110 since they're cheap, available everywhere and good quality

If you're getting picky about what sound/tone you want to create you'll just have to experiment with different sets from different brands and find the one you like
Quote by Jacques-Henri
This guy in the previous thread said he used Jazz 0.13?! Is that for tuning to Drop Z?

I use 12-56s for D standard. Often times it's just a matter of feel.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Ernie ball's are good. Pretty much the only brand i've used for the past few years.
The regular strings are okay if you don't know what kind to go for.

Although lately i've started to love the 'hybrid slinky' strings they make. Easier to bend the G/B/e strings while the low strings still pack a decent punch.

Haven't managed to snap an ernie ball string yet (another reason why i love them).
Ernie ball's are cheap & good. I'd avoid the upgraded coated strings. They didn't last a great deal longer for me & I prefer just buying two packs of originals.
I use Elixir Nanowebs. They last long, sound good after a long time, don't rust. I tried ernie balls because they're cheap but they break fast