Hi! I am just trying to assemble a guitar for the first time, scavenging parts around the internet. I am trying to keep it simple and spend very little money this time (this is just a first attempt), but I am still hoping to come out with something playable. I m going for a strat (im not a big fan of strats but parts are easy to find and it seems one of the most straight-forward guitar projects) - I was wondering about the neck: I am left-handed (it's a damn pain) and I noticed that it isnt really easy to find a good lh neck, and the price difference can be pretty noticeable as well. Would it be possible to mount a right-handed neck backwards or would it turn out to give me a lot of problems?
didnt jimi hendrix play his right hand strat upside down to make it left handed?
well jimi turned his nut around as well as i recall, it would be unplayable to leave nut in same position, E string would slip as it is bigger than the hole
F*ck Chuck Norris ... SpongeBob grills under water
Right handed necks will work.
Check out www.guitarfetish.com they have paddle shaped headstocks yoiu can cut yourself for really cheap. also they have lots of necks/bodys in their clearance section.

Pickups and hard-ware are good and cheap also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks for the answers everybody! guitarfetish seems like a pretty cool site, I got some pickups from there just a few days ago for another guitar of mine, just curious to see if they live up to the expectations :-)