I have no idea which. I have an Ibanez Rg350dxz
Basically I plug my cable into my guitar (or bass) and I hear 2 'clicks' and then the cable will quickly slip out to only '1 click' and I get a huge noise out of my amp. I am almost scared of turning up my amp now because It will probably screw up my speaker. So, how do I tell What is the issue, and how would I go about fixing it?
Thanks!
Is it a cheap cable?

Buy a new cable.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Can you suggest a brand, because I have no idea what constitutes a good cable?
Any cable that just doesn't feel thin and limp.

Really anything will do as long as you spend like £10 or more (I don;t know your currency).
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Would Planet Wave be a good brand?

I've recently bought a Planet Waves cable (3m), it wasn't really expensive and the jacks look pretty reliable compared to my old cheap cabels, which sometimes would give me that noise you're talking about.
Just watch out and avoid the cables that look weak at the cable/jack connection...
If you can bend the cable near the jack, it's not gonna last long
I don't think the cable would be your problem. They don't just suddenly stop snapping in.

What you can do is, undo the output jack so that it is hanging free out of the body. Plug your cable into the jack and see if it snaps in properly or not. Probably what is happening is the prong on the jack that is supposed to make contact with the divot on your cable end, is bent to far out of the way and needs to be pushed back. Also a loose output jack can cause the cable to slip a bit. If it needs to be tightened then open the cavity and hold the jack from the back as you tighten the nut.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
I don't think the cable would be your problem. They don't just suddenly stop snapping in.

What you can do is, undo the output jack so that it is hanging free out of the body. Plug your cable into the jack and see if it snaps in properly or not. Probably what is happening is the prong on the jack that is supposed to make contact with the divot on your cable end, is bent to far out of the way and needs to be pushed back. Also a loose output jack can cause the cable to slip a bit. If it needs to be tightened then open the cavity and hold the jack from the back as you tighten the nut.

This has to be the problem, like you said cables don't just fall out of the jack. A new cable isn't going to do anything here.
Quote by yousef213
How can you tell if it is a guitar or cable problem?

cable ends don't just change shape and no longer fit. It's the jack. Take it off, bend the metal tab so that the cable it clicks in tight again. You can probably have this fixed in 5 minutes.