Page 1 of 4
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
giving up Denmark to Denmark
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Thats a good question,

the Avro Arrow could have been up there, but Douchenbacher ruined that and canadas engineers all left to US to join NASA.

I think public health care is probably my #1.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
treborillusion
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
treborillusion

we don't have anyone as bright as him here
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
we don't have anyone as bright as him here

Sucks to be Sweden
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Sucks to be Sweden

it sure does
A tie between the entire year I was born and the year I joined UG.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Inventing the field of Chemistry?

Preserving Greek and Roman learning during the Dark ages.

The concept of the Irish Pub.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
That time when Tito grabbed Sophia Loren's boob

Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Poutine.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
Poutine.

this.

moon landings ain't got shit on poutine.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Wait, there is wind on the moon? I didn't know that.

edit: never mind, google gave me the answer.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Mar 27, 2013,
Well, other than becoming the world's premier economic and military superpower in just a couple of centuries, I got nothin...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The moon landing was probably the best American achievement. The vaccine for polio has got to be up there though. It may not have been the most difficult achievement, but definitely one of the most important. It's getting pretty close to being wiped out. I think it just exists in third world countries right now.
Quote by kratos379
I think it just exists in third world countries right now.

and they are hardly relevant
Inventing the Television

EDIT: Also, defeating the Romans... or at least making it difficult enough for them to give up and go away.
Last edited by bass-fale47 at Mar 27, 2013,
overcoming common sense to elect this man.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
What is the point behind landing on the Moon? Did it help world in any way? I dont understand why it is an achievement.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by Arby911
Well, other than becoming the world's premier economic and military superpower in just a couple of centuries, I got nothin...

Economic superpower?
I think the US' greatest achievement is pissing off every country and its own citizens.
Quote by intwernet
What is the point behind landing on the Moon? Did it help world in any way? I dont understand why it is an achievement.

It helped the world in countless ways,

maybe you should read into the technology that came out of the innovation that went into the space program.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
That time last summer when people held on to the stereotypes that Americans are fat and stupid and then we landed a probe on Mars while winning the olympics.

Also I think we did a good job turning Justin Long into a movie star. America said no but we kept at it.
Quote by intwernet

That's right it's not an achievement. Say, why don't you built a space shuttle and put some people on the moon and then safely bring them home. Also do it in 1969.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Dimarzio45
Economic superpower?

Why's that funny?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
moon landing
I agree, the US government is GREAT at faking things.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Deep dish ****ing pizza
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Dimarzio45
Economic superpower?

Um....yes?

Considering that the US GDP accounts for over 21% of the world GDP, despite only having 4.5% of the world's population and is over twice the GDP of the closest competitor I'd say "Economic Superpower" is appropriate.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Don't man, just don't. It's that shit that makes everyone hate us. Besides China and Brazil either have or are about to overtake us as the premier economic power so curb your pride on that point. We were NOT a super power until the early 20th century so it hasn't even been a full 100 years man. Go talk to Spain and the UK who have shaped global politics and been world players for well over 400 years. Don't hear them bragging about it...

As for America's greatest achievement, I think I'd go with the Wright brothers achieving sustained controlled flight. Without that first milestone, modern planes and even space exploration wouldn't be the same. From that one moment, avionics was born which completely changed the world. Being able to deliver cargo that would've taken days or weeks in just hours, it shrunk the world and allowed resources to be distributed to people that needed them.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by ErikLensherr
Why's that funny?

I was laughing because that was such a stereotypical American statement. You realize countries have threatened to stop accepting our currency, right? That's hardly an accurate trait of a superpower.

Edit: **...trait of an *economic* superpower.

We may have been in the past, but not anymore.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Mar 27, 2013,
Quote by LightxGrenade
Don't man, just don't. It's that shit that makes everyone hate us. Besides China and Brazil either have or are about to overtake us as the premier economic power so curb your pride on that point. We were NOT a super power until the early 20th century so it hasn't even been a full 100 years man. Go talk to Spain and the UK who have shaped global politics and been world players for well over 400 years. Don't hear them bragging about it...

As for America's greatest achievement, I think I'd go with the Wright brothers achieving sustained controlled flight. Without that first milestone, modern planes and even space exploration wouldn't be the same. From that one moment, avionics was born which completely changed the world. Being able to deliver cargo that would've taken days or weeks in just hours, it shrunk the world and allowed resources to be distributed to people that needed them.

Sorry, neither is even close.

In Millions.

US : $14,991,300

China : $7,203,784

Brazil isn't even in the same ballpark, at $2,476,651

And the fact that it's all reckoned in US dollars should say something...

I'm not bragging, just stating facts. I didn't have a whole lot to do with it...

And I really, REALLY don't care who likes us or doesn't in regard to our economy.
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 4