So after saving up some bucks I decided to upgrade from my old Roland Cube 15.

Budget: Around 200€-250€, Can go higher if the paid price is really worth it, I am willing to go used.

Location: Portugal, bloody economy so I prefer going for used.

Genre: Mostly Prog/Heavy-Metal, but also play Jazz and "cleaner" styles of music.

Currently for home practice and possible future recording using a interface.

Current Gear:
Roland Cube 15
Epiphone LP 100

I didn't really look into much amps because I don't know which one seem to be the most suited for my styles, I guess that a good example would be Opeth - Blackwater park, heavy riffing and clean sounds in the same song.
I was looking for a tube amp, especially in the price range that I've mentioned
I will upgrade my guitar eventually, I just wanted to start with the amp first, then I will probably get a Ibanez 550/570 or something with similar specs, that will also depend on what's out in the used market.

I can also consider other modelling amps, like Peavey Vypyr or any other models in that price range.
Mainly because of the tons of tone ranges that I can get from there, the cube is good, but I miss some good reverbing or delays etc.

Obviously I'll just buy it if it's worth to upgrade my cube 15.
Regarding tone, I am really not such a big expert in amp specifications, I just know how to fuzz around with the gains, eq's, volume, basic stuff etc.
I don't know if it matters and obviously I won't get this kind of tone with my setup, but the tone from the solo in this video is what I would like to "mimic":

The solo starts at 3:00
Intervals - Tapestry

So I am open to all suggestions, if you think that it's not worth to upgrade the amp at this moment please tell me on what I should upgrade then.

I think that I've covered most aspects of what I'm looking for, keep in mind that the budget can go up if it's really worth it.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Raster at Mar 28, 2013,
Peavey Windsor Studio should tick all the boxes for you. Not sure if there's many used available to you though.
I can also consider other modelling amps, like Peavey Vypyr or any other models in that price range.
Mainly because of the tons of tone ranges that I can get from there, the cube is good, but I miss some good reverbing or delays etc.

Obviously I'll just buy it if it's worth to upgrade my cube 15.
Do you have a second hand website (can be in Portuguese of course) where people might be able to look? I don't suppose any non-Portuguese people hear to know pricing in your country.

A Valveking as suggested by coldandhomeless or a Vypyr Tube might be something to look out for.
Bugera might be worth checking out as well, as much as I dislike to suggest them.
Used Vypyr Tube is your best bet in that budget.

Try to find one with a Sanpera.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah we have 2nd hand websites, that's where I found this used Vypyr 75.
I can dig around to find Valveking but that Vypyr 75 one was better because the guy lives in my town so I could try it out before buying it.
Last edited by Raster at Mar 28, 2013,
The Vyper 75 will work but a 60 would be better if you can find one in budget.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification