I scrapped this bridge off some mid 80's to early 90's Japanese stratocaster knock off. I was hoping to sell it but need more info and can't seem to find much online. Anybody recognize it?

Appreciate ya...
Attachments:
photo.JPG
I know it's stating the blindingly obvious, but it looks like some kind of Floyd Rose (Assuming you know that's who it's made by) retro-fit for a Stratocaster-style tremolo.

You could email Floyd Rose with pictures, and ask for information.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Mar 28, 2013,
Yeah, it say Floyd Rose on it but I was curious what time period it was from and if it was worth anything. Thanks Bro...
Any chance of more and better pictures?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Any chance of more and better pictures?

That looks like it's just bridges currently on offer. It's missing the older bridges that are no longer in production, such as the really early tremolos, and the bridge that's being asked about in this thread. There will be others, I'm no Floyd Rose expert.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by MrBpickin
More pics

Ok, close ups of any logo/lettering?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I believe the floyd rose patent here applies to the fine tuners. Over the years I have seen many bridges with the FR patent logo on it, meaning it has used some part of the FR system, or all of it. Was the strat copy a Kramer?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
It probably means its a licensed version. You could probably figure out the manufacurer if you get the make an model of the guitar. Cross reference it to that. It's probably that manufactures FR copy. If it really is licensed, then there's a good chance that real original FR parts would fit as direct replacement.

IMO - that looks like a quality trem. The micro-tuners are nice and look spendy.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 28, 2013,
Quote by 667
It probably means its a licensed version. You could probably figure out the manufacurer if you get the make an model of the guitar. Cross reference it to that. It's probably that manufactures FR copy. If it really is licensed, then there's a good chance that real original FR parts would fit as direct replacement.

IMO - that looks like a quality trem. The micro-tuners are nice and look spendy.

Impossible. Doesn't have the 2 post knife edges. No OFR is a 6 point, except the Kahler Fender ones.

Here you go: http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/tech-talk/53473-never-before-seen-floyd-rose.html
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Arby911
I think that's his thread...

Why would you say that? The thread on Strat Talk is from 2010.

Like I said earlier, it just says "MFG Floyd Rose Patents", which means it uses part or all of the original design, in this case string locks and the fine tuners. Just like the Fender Floyd Rose that is two point, but uses conventional looking saddles.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Mar 30, 2013,