Hey I need 2x speakers for my DIY cab, which one would You reccomend ?
I play mostly thrash like Metallica and rock like Floyd's rhytm and solo parts.
Mostly i thought about Celestions :
- Classic Lead 80 x2
- G12T-75 x2 - love them for rhytm parts, but im not crazy about them for solo (or G12T "Hot100" they' re cheaper than regular, anyone have idea why ?)
- Vintage 30 x2
- Greenback x2
- or maybe worth to mix two diffrent speakers ?
assuming you mean early metallica/thrash, that's normally g12t75. Not sure i'd pick it for pink floyd, though. v30 and g12t75 is a nice mix. that might be the way to go.

is thrash more important? or the classic rock stuff?

the hot 100 is in the cheaper section for some reason- while some of celestion's cheaper speakers are rubbish, all accounts i've heard of the hot 100 are that they're really good (I haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
WGS are unreachable in my country.

Well the problem is they're both quite important for me.
What about Classic Lead ? Are they good speakers ?
What i heard on YT they re better sound than v30 for me.
I m not big fan of v30.

Thrash is kind Metallica form 90s, like black album.
what amp are you using?

classic leads are nice but pretty neutral-sounding speakers (and also pretty chunky on the bass). depending on what you want they could be good or bad, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Atm I'm using Pod x3 Live only, but soon I want to exchange it for amp, don't know which one yet.
To close what I'm expecting, I like low bass sound for thrash riffs (here's G12T-75 are sweet for me), but hate that cold razor sound for solo. They kind "harsh" not full for me, so that's why I'm not sure about them for rock.
yeah that's why the v30 and g12t75 combo works pretty well, as they sort of even each other out.

but i'd wait until you get the amp if you can... you're kinda deciding what sauce to make before you've decided what meal you're making if you don't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd look at G12T75/V30 or V30/K100 for modern metal set
Creamback/G12H30 for rock
V30/G12H30 good all round (this is probably what you need)

But like Dave has said, your putting the cart before the horse. Get an amp and then we can better help.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate