I'm looking for a project guitar to upgrade/fix-up. It needs to be within $200 or $300 US used. I prefer guitars that have thin necks like ibanez's or jackson/charvel with a mahogany body with H-H configuration pickups. I'm looking for a stoptail guitar that is able to support a stetsbar (this means it has to meet the common Gibson specification for stop tail positioning). I like anything from the Jaguar, Iceman, Firebird, or superstrat body styles.

Any recommendations?

Also, I'm currently looking at a Charvel SK-3 ST. Anyone have experience with this guitar?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Jut buy a decent guitar in the first place.

Otherwise it's just a false economy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I already have a decent guitar. I just want one to fix up.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Check out some of the Chapman guitars. They're basically modding platforms from the very design.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
My best suggestion. Pawn shops man. You find great guitars in there.

I know this isn't what you want but I once found an American fender body and neck in one. Paid like 300 took it home and basically built my own guitar.

Pawn shops are awesome places to find fix up guitars
Quote by Tom 1.0
Jut buy a decent guitar in the first place.

Otherwise it's just a false economy.

This. If you want a good guitar, buy a good guitar.
Quote by randywolf244
My best suggestion. Pawn shops man. You find great guitars in there.

I know this isn't what you want but I once found an American fender body and neck in one. Paid like 300 took it home and basically built my own guitar.

Pawn shops are awesome places to find fix up guitars

I disagree. I tend to find super crappy guitars in pawn shops because the previous owners of the guitar couldn't sell it to anyone, because the guitar's a heap of junk. Finding a guitar actually worth buying in a pawn shop is rare. You're more likely to find something good on Ebay.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 29, 2013,
Or check out a kit guitar- Carvin, Saga...there are manyncompanies that sell them.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This. If you want a good guitar, buy a good guitar.

I disagree. I tend to find super crappy guitars in pawn shops because the previous owners of the guitar couldn't sell it to anyone, because the guitar's a heap of junk. Finding a guitar actually worth buying in a pawn shop is rare. You're more likely to find something good on Ebay.

I disagree, it may be because of where you live or the 'type' of pawn shops you go to but I find that over here in Oz, there are heaps of good options as far as guitars go. Sure you tend to see a lot of $20 Magnums being sold for more than new prices but every so often theres a few gems out there. My tip is go to one of the big stores, find what you want independantly, and then find the most stereo-typically least likely to know jack shit about guitars (female in 40's - 50's age group lol) and make her an offer of %50 sticker price.... You will be amazed how often you score a bargain doing this.