I was thinking about things, and I thought a sad thought. I miss summer break, and I think a bunch of UGers probably do too. So, I came up with an idea to do a community album about summer, and the break that is associated with it!

If you are interested, here are some things you need to know:

Tentative Deadlines:
Submissions Due May 29th
Album Release SOMETIME IN JUNE
Submissions must be PM'd to me in a downloadable format. Lossless formats (FLAC, WAV, AIFF) are preferred.

What you can submit:
The things you can submit are songs about summer, songs about summer break, or songs about things that happened in summer, the latter of them you have to at least reference summer somewhere in it. The submissions can be out of pretty much any genre. New songs are preferred, but if you can't find the time to make a new song I'll take an existing one.

Any questions you have can be asked below and I'll post the answers and put them in the OP.

Sign-Ups:
yoman297
rocknrollstar
Most_Triumphant?
TheReverend724
whoomit
ESPLTDV401DX
CoreysMonster
Mathedes
Last edited by yoman297 at May 6, 2013,
But it's Spring...

RIGHT?
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Gotta have some

Free - All Right Now
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
John Butler Trio - Used to Get High, Better Than, Johnny's Gone
Mungo Jerry - Summer Time

All I can think of for now.
Solid Bold - Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)

Quote by Nero Galon
Gotta have some

Free - All Right Now
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
John Butler Trio - Used to Get High, Better Than, Johnny's Gone

All I can think of for now.

What do those have to do with summer?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
They all remind me of Summer/Give me a summer feeling...

Like when I close my eyes I can imagine driving on a sunny day with the car roof down.
I wrote this song called "Summer of 69." It should work perfectly for this.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'm back and I looked at all the posts. Updating OP now.

Incog, I didn't get a message from you.
Last edited by yoman297 at Mar 30, 2013,
Quote by yoman297
I'm back and I looked at all the posts. Updating OP now.

Incog, I didn't get a message from you.

You got a message from someone else though
Quote by yoman297
the signup deadline doesn't exist anymore. submission deadline is the next deadline.

Glad to see you've got that out of your system
I call "Boys of Summer..." but idk if I can record vocals or drums.
We're all alright!
Quote by yoman297
I have received album artwork:

Submissions are due in 25 days everybody!

Shouldn't submissions be do when summer starts (In the not-upside-down world at least)?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Shouldn't submissions be do when summer starts (In the not-upside-down world at least)?

I'm trying to get a release for when summer kicks off at most schools. A few days before it's released is basically the drop-dead date.

OP Updated.
Got other obligations I need to fulfill this month so I have to drop out.
We're all alright!
I'll try, don't sign me up.

I already got the song, just need to record.

Is vocals/guitar good enough?

I'll make a cover, or liner sleeve, or back cover as well, for the hell of it, though summer in the IL doesn't look like a beach.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Oh shit, this is a thing haha. Yeah uh, I'm not going to be submitting anything
e-married to Jack (bladez)