Wasn't sure where to put this but I just wanted to let you guys know you can pick up an awesome stoner compilation from here: www.thegreatdissolve.com

I know many of you will appreciate it and I hope more will enjoy it.

Peace
the clouds. i would take a cup of moonlight once more, an ancient sea marge at my feet, thin clouds clinging to my darkling sky, the blue-grey cloak around my shoulders and horses neighing nearby... - Frank Herbert
What exactly is in this compilation? Is it a compilation of shitty bands that you are involved with or is it a compilation of legitimate and established bands like Orange Goblin and Electric Wizard? If it is the first, then no thanks. If it is the second, there's a strong chance that this might be just a bit illegal.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Like the second my good natured friend! I have reviewed each of the bands and have permission to do this. I run a blog site reviewing the bands that labels send me. Check it out.
the clouds. i would take a cup of moonlight once more, an ancient sea marge at my feet, thin clouds clinging to my darkling sky, the blue-grey cloak around my shoulders and horses neighing nearby... - Frank Herbert
Quote by Gamblor84
Like the second my good natured friend! I have reviewed each of the bands and have permission to do this. I run a blog site reviewing the bands that labels send me. Check it out.

What bands exactly?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
What bands exactly?

Just go and grab it dude.

Bands like Beastwars, Sandrider, Bevar Sea, It's Not Night, It's Space, Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! etc...

Enjoy
Never heard of any of those bands. *toddles off to metal-archives*

Edit:
Beastwars is unsigned, not established. Sandrider is listed as "Stoner Metal/Hardcore". It's Not Night is unlisted, same with It's Space. Point is...none of these bands are established by any means.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 29, 2013,
Orange Goblin are awesome.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by Gamblor84
Just go and grab it dude.

Bands like Beastwars, Sandrider, Bevar Sea, It's Not Night, It's Space, Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! etc...

Enjoy

So a bunch of unknown, third-rate, generic bands? I'll pass.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Never heard of any of those bands. *toddles off to metal-archives*

Edit:
Beastwars is unsigned, not established. Sandrider is listed as "Stoner Metal/Hardcore". It's Not Night is unlisted, same with It's Space. Point is...none of these bands are established by any means.

Ok guys - it's not mandatory, lol. As I said in my first post, some of you may appreciate the awesome bands featured.

And guess what...

You may discover a new favorite, like I have.

Hilarious.
Clearly TS just wants some more ad revenue.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Gamblor84
Ok guys - it's not mandatory, lol. As I said in my first post, some of you may appreciate the awesome bands featured.

And guess what...

You may discover a new favorite, like I have.

Hilarious.

But I don't think the bands featured are awesome. You really need to dig more into Doom Metal, if you think these bands are quality. I'm glad you find me hilarious though.

Welcome to the Pit! You'll regret being here.

Edit:
Btw, I find it funny that your blog post down below is going, "It's anti-establishment"...like that's actually the point of Doom Metal. I doubt most Doom Metal bands give 2 shits about being "anti-establishment".
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Btw, I find it funny that your blog post down below is going, "It's anti-establishment"...like that's actually the point of Doom Metal. I doubt most Doom Metal bands give 2 shits about being "anti-establishment".

That's exactly my thoughts it's not indie for fuck's sake!
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
That's exactly my thoughts it's not indie for fuck's sake!
True.

Honestly, I'm sure there's a few Doom bands that actually care that they're anti-establishment, but most of them (99%) just want to make good music and they feel writing Doom Metal songs is the way to do that.

Edit:
I'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this yet. Whatever. I'm reporting the OP.
I find it hilarious that someone said these bands are "third rate" or whatever they said just because the bands are unsigned. The thread starter is basically saying hey here is some free music, you might like it - and everyone is responding nah, if I've never heard of the bands before I'm not interested. That is the reason you can turn onto most FM rock stations at any given time and hear Nickelback playing.
Quote by katalyzt13
I find it hilarious that someone said these bands are "third rate" or whatever they said just because the bands are unsigned. The thread starter is basically saying hey here is some free music, you might like it - and everyone is responding nah, if I've never heard of the bands before I'm not interested. That is the reason you can turn onto most FM rock stations at any given time and hear Nickelback playing.

That's not why Kristen said these bands are 3rd rate. She said that because they actually are 3rd rate. Most of us Metalheads have a very high level of quality we expect from Doom Metal. We've all heard bands that just think playing low-tuned powerchords for 10minutes constitutes "Doom Metal" or "Sludge", and most of us hate that. (Go check out the Doom Metal thread if you want some quality Doom Metal. It should be on the front page of the Metal forum.) We may be music snobs, but at least we're consistent about it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Edit:
I'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this yet. Whatever. I'm reporting the OP.

For what?
Because you don't like unsigned bands that you didn't even listen to?

Still a whiny bitch, I see.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
For what?
Because you don't like unsigned bands that you didn't even listen to?

Still a whiny bitch, I see.

Doesn't matter if you liked it or not, it counts as advertising dude. Reporting this is an appropriate thing to do.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That's not why Kristen said these bands are 3rd rate. She said that because they actually are 3rd rate. Most of us Metalheads have a very high level of quality we expect from Doom Metal. We've all heard bands that just think playing low-tuned powerchords for 10minutes constitutes "Doom Metal" or "Sludge", and most of us hate that. (Go check out the Doom Metal thread if you want some quality Doom Metal. It should be on the front page of the Metal forum.) We may be music snobs, but at least we're consistent about it.

If you've listened and don't like these bands, that's cool, but I got the impression most of the negativity were coming from people not willing to listen because they didn't recognize the band names.
Anybody else think stoner, doom & sludge sounds like the name of a massive ice cream sundae?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Anybody else think stoner, doom & sludge sounds like the name of a massive ice cream sundae?

if i ever make ice cream i will call it stoner doom sludge
Quote by katalyzt13
If you've listened and don't like these bands, that's cool, but I got the impression most of the negativity were coming from people not willing to listen because they didn't recognize the band names.

Then you were misunderstanding completely.

Quote by So-Cal
if i ever make ice cream i will call it stoner doom sludge

Quote by katalyzt13

I think you understood it perfectly, friend. That's how I took it - I assume that is how the majority took it, judging of course by the amount of people who went and grabbed the album.

Hope you all enjoyed it, anyway!
It's fairly decent, not bad but not mind blowing either.
"Nowhere" by Ruby the Hatchet seems out of place though, it's not stoner, doom or sludge in my opinion.
Quote by theogonia777
So a bunch of unknown, third-rate, generic bands? I'll pass.

How on earth do you have any appreciation for stoner metal at all if you don't listen to obscure or underground music? This is such an ignorant post. There are thousands upon thousands of quality small time bands.
My god, this thread is the biggest bitchfest I've ever seen. A whole lot of you need to grow the hell up.
I'll check this out when I get more time. And to the people whining about unsigned bands they've never heard of: that's how I find a lot of the metal bands I listen to, especially stoner metal: checking out a band that I've never heard of or listened to... Pretty stupid to just write them off for no reason.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by CF_Mono
How on earth do you have any appreciation for stoner metal at all if you don't listen to obscure or underground music? This is such an ignorant post. There are thousands upon thousands of quality small time bands.

And there are also thousands upon thousands of shitty small time bands. I've found loads of excellent bands on bandcamp. I've also found some really, really shitty bands on bandcamp. Doom Metal is a genre where a lot of new bands think they just need to play powerchords really slowly on low-tuned guitars, and that's bullshit.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
I'll check this out when I get more time. And to the people whining about unsigned bands they've never heard of: that's how I find a lot of the metal bands I listen to, especially stoner metal: checking out a band that I've never heard of or listened to... Pretty stupid to just write them off for no reason.

I wrote them off after a quick listen. If a band doesn't grab me with their songwriting skills the first time, they never will; that's just how my listening process goes.

Also, people are bitching mainly because this is a blatant attempt on the part of TS to advertise his shitty blog. (And, yes, any blog that has the words "Doom Metal" and "anti-establishment" in the same sentence is shitty.)
Yes, but your replies in this thread seem like you're just trying to prove yourself as an elite stoner doom fan, which is more annoying than someone linking to his blog by providing FREE MUSIC. Seriously, you guys just listened to it and said "not my cup of tea mate, thanks though", that would be one thing. But you all jumped on him and the bands because you didn't like them, which like I said, doesn't make you any better than the guy who *gasp!* linked to his blog.

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
Yes, but your replies in this thread seem like you're just trying to prove yourself as an elite stoner doom fan, which is more annoying than someone linking to his blog by providing FREE MUSIC. Seriously, you guys just listened to it and said "not my cup of tea mate, thanks though", that would be one thing. But you all jumped on him and the bands because you didn't like them, which like I said, doesn't make you any better than the guy who *gasp!* linked to his blog.

I'm a Metalhead. Like a lot of Metalheads, I prefer quality music (of any genre, not just Metal). It's that simple. If I (or other Metalheads in this thread) come off as "elitist" for that, so be it.

Also, not a fan of Stoner Doom, though I like other forms of Doom (mainly been getting into Funeral Doom and Death/Doom and a tiny bit of old school Doom). I'm very picky in that I like my Doom (just like all my other music) to be well-written. The stuff in TS's collaboration is marginal at best.

But why exactly does us jumping on him bother you? It's against the rules to advertise. TS is advertising.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 3, 2013,
"Quality" is a matter of opinion.

Why do I care? Why do you care if he "advertises"? It not like he was some adbot that came in and told you to check out discounted MLS jerseys. He simply said "hey, I've got some free stoner metal on my blog if anyone's interested". It's a music forum heavily populated by metalheads, I can see why he'd post it. Why do you care if he break (one could argue bends) a rule that you had no part in implementing? Hell, you advertise your music in your sig.

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by BottleOfSmoke at Apr 3, 2013,
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
"Quality" is a matter of opinion.

Why do I care? Why do you care if he "advertises"? It not like he was some adbot that came in and told you to check out discounted MLS jerseys. He simply said "hey, I've got some free stoner metal on my blog if anyone's interested". It's a music forum heavily populated by metalheads, I can see why he'd post it.

It's not as populated by Metalheads as you think. There are a lot of people who listen to a few Metal bands, but the majority of the Pit probably doesn't identify as being a "Metalhead".

Why do you care if he break (one could argue bends) a rule that you had no part in implementing?

Because I believe that the users in general should support the rules. If they don't like those rules, there are proper ways to go about having a rational discussion about it.

Hell, you advertise your music in your sig.

My music is donation only (meaning it's most likely I won't receive compensation). Although, as you'd see, right now, there's no audio files attached to the songs.

Now, likewise, TS is NOT asking for money for his collaboration. However, his blog does have ads on it. So, indirectly, he is receiving some compensation every time someone visits his page, whether that compensation be that he gets to use the domain his blog is on (a fairly common method that sites use to support pages on their domain name) or whether that means that he gets a percentage of money from the ads.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 4, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It's not as populated by Metalheads as you think. There are a lot of people who listen to a few Metal bands, but the majority of the Pit probably doesn't identify as being a "Metalhead".

Because I believe that the users in general should support the rules. If they don't like those rules, there are proper ways to go about having a rational discussion about it.

My music is donation only (meaning it's most likely I won't receive compensation). Although, as you'd see, right now, there's no audio files attached to the songs.

Now, likewise, TS is NOT asking for money for his collaboration. However, his blog does have ads on it. So, indirectly, he is receiving some compensation every time someone visits his page, whether that compensation be that he gets to use the domain his blog is on (a fairly common method that sites use to support pages on their domain name) or whether that means that he gets a percentage of money from the ads.

Why should I care if he gets a nickel when someone clicks his blog? If UG has a problem with it, they can lock the thread and ban him. I don't see why users would go around looking to get people who actually contribute (meaning NOT adbots, obviously they should be locked/deleted) because they made a post in a gray area in terms of advertising.

Basically: I understand there's a rule against it, but why go out of your way to get him in trouble when he was just trying to post something ppl might be interested in?

Quote by Bladez22
Uh huh...

I think this may belong in that bandcamp thread. I listened to some songs and I didn't like it, but it's nice that you're trying to get some underground bands exposure.

I don't know what the bitchfight above is about or why it happened, so I'm just going to say; listen to Procession and Hot Cross.