Hey Guys,

What do you think of my guitar? Search IG Guitar on Kickstarter.

I spent the last 3 years creating it in Ireland. All comments welcome! Let me know what you think

Cheers,
Rob
A) No advertising.
B) That is the worst looking guitar that I have ever seen.
C) If I wanted to customize a guitar to fit my personalize, I would just get a custom from Carvin or a similar company that actually produces instruments with a reputation for creating quality custom instruments that don't look awful.

*reported*
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Probably not comfortable to play. Sorry.

Good concept of changing those pictures/pickguards, but bad design (take it from a fellow-designer/art-person).

I don't think many would buy it.
Quote by Trowzaa
It literally looks like a penis.

I agree.

It looks awful, uncomfortable, and not desirable at all.
I wouldn't buy one, and i don't believe many guitar players would, doesn't matter how cheap it is.

The personalization feature seems vaguely interesting, but i've seen great DIY customization jobs over the years (actually, i'm almost finishing my custom work on my Strat), and they're not that hard nor expensive to do.
It's a matter of having the skills yourself or knowing someone who has them, and invest a little bit of time and money to personalize your conventional guitar to your taste. And the end result is much better than your concept of just swapping "backgrounds".

Don't get me wrong, i think you may be on to something here with the concept in general... But i think the execution is very poor and of bad taste.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Playing all 5 "awesome sound" samples at once was more enjoyable than looking at this guitar. It looks like one of those noisy-ass tennis racket things you play with at the beach when you're three.
Quote by metaldud536
So, so far we got penis and tennis racket.

It also looks like a golf club and a hockey stick.

It looks like half of a pair of sunglasses too.
Quote by Tag43
It looks like half of a pair of sunglasses too.

In the one picture where there are two of them it looks like a whole pair.

Actually:

2. Unique Design: The Design is inspired by my favorite sunglasses. 3 years ago, I asked the question - 'How is this guitar going to be unique'. Amongst many others, I did a sketch of my favorite sunglasses in the shape of a guitar, and that was it!

Jay Seeney would approve.

Another look at the article tells me that TS did not proofread this shit. Grammar mistakes are understandable on your blog about your favorite sauces, but on a "professional" type thing like that? You should really at least try and look serious by not having tons of mistakes, TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Mar 29, 2013,
Looks like one of those Fernandes things but bigger
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Why do you want to make guitars not look like guitars?
ESP Horizon NT-II (Seymour Duncan) + Marshall JVM410C =

No pedals or any of that stuff, just a raw Marshall tone ran by my fingers!
"Personalise" equalling changing the graphic on the body is a lame gimmick.

It should be about replacing the "plate" with different pickups, electronics, etc (hell, even make those mounted on wood and put that in the "frame" - imagine swapping out an alder SSS config with a maple HH config in a way that's piss-easy). THAT would have made this at least a product worth taking some note of.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Mar 29, 2013,
omg

i thought you guys were ****ing with me when you said it looks like a ****, but god damn if that guitar isn't incredibly similar to the wangcaster.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.