I was just watching some tv, and this commercial about sneakers came along. Now don't think I'm advertising for the sneakers, because I hate everything about it. They're called Daddy'$ Money Secret Wedges by Skechers or something.
Firstly, the name. Ugh. How can shoes say "I'm a spoiled brat." more than this?
But what I really want to show you is the commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZardFmCPI

The idea of it all annoys me, but look at 0:21.
She seriously has an Explorer in orange flames or something, and that's awful enough. But why does she hold it like that?!
What do you think of such commercials, Pit?
i dont want to live on this planet anymore
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I think you get annoyed very easily

EDIT: turned the sound on. You were right
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 29, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
I think you get annoying very easily

"daddy's girl" can mean two things
i don't know why i feel so dry
Seriously, how can they possibly put out these lies?
Daddy's money? Um I'm pretty sure a woman is just as capable of contributing to the family income. Typical sexist liberal media. Obama.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i thought it couldnt be as bad as you described, but its awful. commercials are almost stupefying nowadays
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I really detest adverts. Some are ok, like if they are clever or make you laugh (Guinness and Honda come to mind), but most just seem like they are catering to complete idiots.

"Oh dear! I have spilled pasta sauce on my floor!"
"Don't worry! The new [PRODUCT NAME] will have your floor cleaned up in no time!"
"Wow! And is it really tri-bio-eco-envirofriendly?"
"Yes! And it even works on wooden surfaces!"

The other ones that just irritate me are the ones used by seemingly all major supermarkets. I know this is more common in the US but here it is a relatively recent thing, but when you say how bad your competitors are rather than saying how good you are it comes off like you are a complete dick. Asda, the reason I shop at Asda is because it is right next to my house, not because you keep telling me how all of your products are half the price of Tesco's.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to Asda.

EDIT: Yes and the Go-Compare guy has to be the most blatantly bad advertising I can think of. They create the opera singer guy and the song in order to advertise their company and, presumably, make people laugh. Then when they realise no one actually likes the character they change the adverts to people getting their revenge on the Go-Compare guy. It's again treating their potential customers like idiots by blatantly manipulating their advertising.
Last edited by Random3 at Mar 29, 2013,
Quote by JD2k9
Quit bitching Amerifag, we have ads like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

According to his profile he's from the Netherlands, Eurodad.

Apparently everyone's upset about it, so you're not the only one OP.

AND I see you're insurance commercial and raise you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9OKXtzHtE
It's a process, not an event.
Last edited by Do Re Mi at Mar 29, 2013,
That is awful. I don't know what's worse though, the sucking of her father's income, that there's another cheap Converse knock-off, that the commercial was done in what I can only assume is '80's software, or that this is that little cunt's big acting break.

I got really frustrated with an Oreo commercial not long ago.

It's a damn Oreo! You don't need to sell anyone on its merits, we all know! Flash a picture of one in HD, and I'll likely buy some next time at the store. Don't take up 60 seconds showing some douche nozzle and his grandfather cheating on his diabetes. Same goes for anything that isn't brand new. Just show a picture and maybe a couple bullet points about what's new, and be done.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by WCPhils
I think you get annoying very easily

I was going to post this too, but I hadn't played the sound yet, so I guess I have no clue.

But, you know, that's what advertisement is turning into nowadays. They think typical commercials are more easily ignored nowadays, so they need to do something different. So now, every commercial thinks they need to be as annoying as possible to get your attention. There's a saying, "The more annoying the commercial, the more you'll remember it". I hate it, but its kind of true. It becomes pretty much infamous. Kind of makes you want to punch the people who thinks of these commercials right in the face, doesn't it?

Edit: Okay I watched it with the sound now. What the hell, man?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 29, 2013,
Quote by Do Re Mi

AND I see you're insurance commercial and raise you this:

Was going to post this.

OT: I think it's funny how ad companies can get away with stuff like this, blatant satire but also the fact that they can go the misogynistic route and call it "Daddy's Money." Obviously they have freedom of speech, but this just goes to show how blatant and immoral companies can be.
When I watch stuff on Hulu the adverts are just amazing. I thought our adverts were bad but shit, we can't complain at all. There's this one is particular of two black women, it's a credit card one I think. The advert is trying to show that they have locally operated customer help lines but the two women are so stereotypical it's beyond belief.
Adverts in the Netherlands aren't really annoying. Sometimes, they are amazing. Most of the time, they are voice-overs of USA adverts, and I don't know about other languages, but NEVER DO A DUTCH VOICE-OVER, IT'S TERRIBLE BY DEFAULT!@#$!@#

Had to vent that. Stupid voice-overs. I'll read the subtitles thanks, unless it's English ofcourse.
I refuse to believe this is a real commercial for a real thing.

It's like an overdramatized parody of sneaker commercials in a TV show.

This can't be real.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Ugh, she's holding the Explorer upside down.

Also, Go Compare man is nowhere annoying as this stupid fucking meerkats.
I dont think marketers these days actually understand human nature.

Like, as in game design, we learn all about how to keep players interested, how to challenge them and how to manage their expectations through interactivity. Film students learn all about engaging the viewer through cinematography and story, music students learn all about dynamics and raising and releasing tension.

You know, the BASIC ****ING MECHANICS OF GETTING A PERSON'S ATTENTION. It seems marketers learn absolutely NONE of that shit.
Quote by cornmancer
Alert the presses everyone! A commercial was stupid and kinda misogynistic! This has never happened before!

First of all: Your avatar implies that you will get upset about anything even insinuating any form of sexism. You disappoint me with your blatant regard for common sense and logic.

Second of all, the advertising industry has been in a complete rut since over a decade. Nobody knows how to sell things since the internet. Some people say "Sell over the internet! That's most effective!" and they generate some sales, and everybody thinks that's the way to go. Then we get the gold rush effect and nobody gives a shit about anything that's ever said on the internet.

Marketers and advertisers are ****ed, because their old tricks wont pull anymore. I mean sure, they work with seniors and the like, but once that generation dies out and they're left with the internet-savvy generation of today? The whole advertising industry is ****ed, because they have, to this day, not thought of a single effective way to advertise to the internet-using youth, aside from the extremely difficult to produce and impossible to predict viral video form.
why is coreys monster being such a knob
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by JD2k9
Quit bitching Amerifag, we have ads like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

that's better than

edit: god dammit. every time i open a thread that's a few pages long and i only read the first few posts and reply, someone has already said what i planned to say

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 1, 2013,