What do you think would be the best gauge/brand for playing thrash metal (like Slayer, old Metallica or Pantera) in standard E?
whatever gauge/brand you'd normally use in E (assuming you don't normally use flatwounds or something like that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use a set of 10-52s so its easy to bend but with a lot of tension on the lower strings so they dont move too much when you're playing fast rhythms
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
Last edited by Minimallamb at Mar 29, 2013,
James hetfield uses 48-11.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
String threads are ******ed.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Pretty sure this is a bannable offense.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
They are just ******ed.

Does OP like loose or tight strings? I likes 12's for E. Its not right unless your fingers bleed after a 15 minute warm up playing thrash.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Good... Actually i got a 12/52 set on my SG tuned in standard E, but there's really a lot of tension so i tought probably they were just too much. But if you say that you use 10/52 too, then i think mine can work too. About James Hetfield, i read that he used 11/48 around, but i read he used 10/46 or even 9/42 too. But i tought those last two were just too much thin, i tried to play some breakdowns on a strato with such strings and it was really tough, it was like the hand "sunk" between the strings.

Quote by Dave_Mc
whatever gauge/brand you'd normally use in E (assuming you don't normally use flatwounds or something like that).

For this reason you can't use whatever gauge, and for the same reason i asked around about that xD
Last edited by Alexander Nero at Apr 4, 2013,