ive reached that point in my life where i feel i need to transcribe and improvise. I transcribe about 1 intro or riff per 2-3 days. and i learn 1 lick each day. then i usually spend time incorporating that lick into any random scale usually Aminor :P

am i on the right track? i feel low because i cant compose anythin. what would you recommend?
You just keep on doin what ya doin, babe.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Just start composing. Just start playing and improvising until you come up with stuff. Or just not play until you come up with something in your head and then play it on the guitar. Sometimes not playing is just as important as playing, if that make sense.

I would look up the Steve Vai 10 or 30 hour guitar workout. You don't have to do it all, but it has amazing ideas and concepts. He also has some cool stuff on his website, I thin they're called Little Black Notes. Like playing the same vibrato note for an hour or something, the idea being, you'll run out of all combinations to play vibrato and create your own

Also, branch out into different keys, one's you're not so familiar with. Heck, don't stop with keys, branch out into different music and rhythms and stuff
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I had the same problem as you and I got some good advice when it comes to composing. You just need to start small and go from there. Its a long journey but you will develop confidence in time. Just do. For transcribing you need some software to slow down the music and painstakingly transcribe. Your brain will make the connection between sound and fret. Basic music theory will help you figure the intervals and logic behind note and fret. You will be able to digest more notes as your ear improves with technique. Its like writing. It will be instinctual in time. For improvising you listen to the music and imitate the style with your spin on it.
Quote by danyal92
ive reached that point in my life where i feel i need to transcribe and improvise. I transcribe about 1 intro or riff per 2-3 days. and i learn 1 lick each day. then i usually spend time incorporating that lick into any random scale usually Aminor :P

am i on the right track? i feel low because i cant compose anythin. what would you recommend?

uhuh, not a lot. Ask yourself what you want to achieve, then set yourself goals to reach it. You gotta enjoy what you're doing, very important.
After each practice session, make sure you orgasm. It has been found that having a full release helps the brain solidify new information do to the release of endorphins. So have yourself a meat spank everyday.
Quote by macashmack
After each practice session, make sure you orgasm. It has been found that having a full release helps the brain solidify new information do to the release of endorphins. So have yourself a meat spank everyday.

Also do this every time you don't have a practice session.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
i do enjoy what im doing. I feel a sense of achievement when i transcribe something e.g i transcribed the intro to "when you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating and felt amazing. i use the software transcribe to slow the music.

i mostly use pentatonics i havent focused on the natural minor that much.