Hi,

I have been learning guitar for the past 1 yr. I own ESP LTD M-10 and Roland Cube 15XL. When i play in the distortion mode with high gain i get an awful hiss and feedback. Need help!! Will BOSS NS2 pedal help me reduce the noise i get ?
Have you tried a different cable or guitar first?

A noise reduction pedal will kill noise going into an amp. A noisy amp will not be fixed.

You can always get one at Guitar Center and return it in 30 days if needed.

Really I would save the $100 for a new amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
a ns2 COULD help ur noisy amp only of theres an fx loop... guitar>ns2 input, ns2 send>front of amp. amp fx send>ns2 return. ns2 output>amp fx return. its called 4CM (4 cable method x pattern) if the amp dont have a loop, ur out of luck, unless you turn down the gain...
Quote by coldandhomeless
a ns2 COULD help ur noisy amp only of theres an fx loop... guitar>ns2 input, ns2 send>front of amp. amp fx send>ns2 return. ns2 output>amp fx return. its called 4CM (4 cable method x pattern) if the amp dont have a loop, ur out of luck, unless you turn down the gain...

Even without the loop they can quiet an amp down considerably.

Just depends on the source of the noise.

If there is big noise with no guitar plugged in and no FX loop then TS might be SOL.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
An NS-2 won't do anything with a modeling amp like that - I don't have a lot of experience with the Cube, but all DSPs I've encountered have had very good self noise containment - they're designed to be all in one units, noise is usually not an issue.

My first thought is that there's probably a grounding issue in your guitar.

Could also be a bad cable.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The only way you get excess noise out of a solid state, digital modelling amp is if you're pushing the gain far beyond reasonable levels, there's a grounding issue/shielding issue/hum from the guitar itself or if you're playing near objects that cause interference, such as radios, phones, computers, neon lights, etc.

There's certainly no need to buy a noise gate or suppressor right away. Check everything else first before you go spending money on a unit that likely won't fix your problem.

For the record, the 'X' wiring for an NS-2 isn't very efficient as it puts both the guitar's signal and the amp through the same threshold, and I shouldn't need to point out that guitar signal and amp signal are quite different volumes. The loop of the NS-2 is designed for guitar effects pedals like EQ units and overdrives. If you want to remove noise both before the amp (i..e guitar signal) and at your amp, you need to get two units. The NS-2 is designed to handle the guitar signal perfectly; something stronger like an MXR Smart Gate or ISP Decimator is better for amps.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by R45VT
Even without the loop they can quiet an amp down considerably.

Just depends on the source of the noise.

If there is big noise with no guitar plugged in and no FX loop then TS might be SOL.

I pull the cable out of my guitar! Gain at 1 o clock,volume at 1 o clock, i get no noise.
i plug the guitar in. I get the noise. Could the noise be from the pickups ?
How do i get rid of the noise?