Hello!
Can some one help me on my acoustic guitar?

When i play the High E string on the 7th fret it produces a bad sound..
I dont know what to do..

Here is the sample sound.. where i play my High E from fret 1 to 7...

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CqmlwfqvGp
Last edited by lon15perez at Mar 30, 2013,
Probably the 8th fret is high, causing the strangled note. Take your guitar to your local technician to have it checked out. You can check for a high fret by putting a known straight edge (steel rule will do), along the fingerboard over the suspect fret. If it rocks slightly, there's your problem. The fret could also be excessively worn.
@snakestretcher thank you for your advice.. i will try the ruler thing you said..
its frustrating when i hear the sound it is very bad..

but i notice when i place my finger on the 7th then i pull down the string slightly and play it.. the sound becomes nice..
Quote by lon15perez
@snakestretcher thank you for your advice.. i will try the ruler thing you said..
its frustrating when i hear the sound it is very bad..

but i notice when i place my finger on the 7th then i pull down the string slightly and play it.. the sound becomes nice..

When you say "pull down" do you mean press down, or pull across the fret toward the edge of the fingerboard? The reason I ask is if it's the latter, then I suspect the fret is either worn or has been installed unevenly, so that a note sounds 'clean' at one point but muted elsewhere on that fret.
@snake.

my pull down means... i press the string then pull it down slightly while pressing so..

thank you for your advices... i really appreciate it!
don't have much knowledge in maintaining my guitar..
in my place there is no technician for guitars! huhu