So I've sold my Marshall amp and now looking for a new amp. I have a 1x12 cab already so I would like a head. I also need an FX loop.

Budget: 750$

Genres: Blues, Stoner Rock, Sludge, Doom, 80s Rock and Metal, would be nice to have enough gain to play modern metal genres (using a boost pedal, of course). I want some clean sounds, too.

New or Used: Doesn't matter, but keep in mind that used market is poor in my city.

Home or Gig: I can play at gig volumes at home so no problem if the amp is loud!

Current Gear: EBMM Albert Lee (has very weak single-coil pickups, so bear that in mind), and a 1x12 speaker cabinet with a Celestion G12H30 (30W power rating) speaker in it.

Currently I am considering these options:
1) Carvin V3M, which can be kept at 22W mode. I like the features a lot, but all the demos sounded shitty. Is it really that bad?
2) Orange OR15H. I am liking this amp a lot. Not many reviews, though.
3) Orange Dark Terror. I heard there is no clean sound in this amp, which is unacceptable for me.
Bump!
Also thinking of getting an older Matamp Mini-Verb. Seems like a great option to consider.
There have been a few people on here that returned their V3M... They didn't like channel 3. Said it was missing something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
The V3 absolutely requires a tube change upon arrival. I own one and the tube change cleared up the fizz that is normally associated w it. That being said for your genre id go for the OR15H hands down.
Never heard complaints on the V3. Just the V3M.

Orange would get me vote. That and a good fuzz.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Thanks for your opinions, folks!
So basically: Orange or Matamp? I like the reverb feature on the Matamp, and the fact that it is handwired in England is also pleasing. Plus it comes in super-sexy white tolex. The Orange on the other hand has an FX loop. I don't know if I really need it, because I would only use a delay pedal. My friend has a Peavey Classic amp and he says there's not much of a difference between the delay pedal being run through the FX loop or to the amp's input.
Quote by R45VT
Never heard complaints on the V3. Just the V3M.

Orange would get me vote. That and a good fuzz.

Yeah i was referring to the V3m, my mistake. I have the combo, though it gets less use now that i have the RV50
Okay folks, I decided to go with the Matamp. NAD thread will be made by the end of April!