hello im playing electric guitar for a year and a half ive started playing alone with no one to teach me and im playing with a teacher for a 3 and a half months im feeling like its not have any progress we just playing songs and he dont teaching us new stuff like tapping or pinch harmonics should i go to another teacher or should i keep learning alone ????
by the way im not american or somthing im from israel and my eanglish might not be so well im apologising from start
There are a few factors to consider. Does the teacher play the style that you want to learn? Have you requested that he teach you certain techniques? Does he deny those requests?

It could be a case of your teacher not being able to teach what you want to learn. Or he could think you're not ready. Or he could be stringing you along to make more money out of you.

If he's capable of teaching you what you want to learn, and he's not wasting your time with stuff that you already know, then I think you should stay with him. Also, he may be intent on teaching you stuff that you don't wish to learn, in which case you need to talk to him about that and then go from there.

I think the best idea all around is to talk to your teacher about this and see what he says before quitting. He may just have a method that you don't fully appreciate.
tell the teacher what you want to learn.

seek out other lessons, in person or online.
Quote by RockRanger
he play metal like i love and do play ill ask him about the techniques

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Maybe, rightfully so, the teacher has determined that you're not ready for tapping or pinch harmonics. Chances are, if you've been playing for 3.5 years without a teacher or other formal music education, there's a lot of stuff he has to correct.
I've always found that when you learn from someone,you've to supplement the classes with some of your own research/experimentation.
Ask your teacher to come up with a lesson plan or just tell you about what he'll be teaching you. If it doesnt sound good, RUN!
I'd say try another teacher. It's good to get a little variation anyway. Also, finding a good teacher can be a bit hit or miss. Usually, when you find a teacher your happy with, there is no doubt about it being a good situation. Besides, you can always go back to him...

Whatever you do, continue to take lessons through some means.
Quote by JustRooster
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Is that a code??? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Quote by JustRooster

Haha. What??
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by JustRooster

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
Quote by JustRooster

LOL. Come on yall. He said he was from Israel and his English wasnt that good.
I bet I could make more sense pulling random words from his dictionary than he did...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Play the teacher an advanced song you'd love to learn
and perform in the future.

Give him a couple of weeks to figure out the song and various
techniques he will need to share and you will need to know/learn.

Then off you go with a song you love and the techniques to learn it.
Give him a new song each month.

Good luck. Toppscore
Pig's advice is sound and doesn't have much room for criticism or improvement. Happy Passover.
I am a fake mountain.
i have four students, private in studio.$25 for 30 minutes. most have played for less than three years. i have had had two of them for two years now.

different people have different methods.

i will teach a song, even if you don't like it a whole lot if it demonstrates a concept that i am teaching or showcases a technique.

i encourage people to look for songs that they want to learn and bring them over, but i will tell them if they are ready or not, or set that as a goal.

i try to teach what they want, but i explain to them (or their parents) that some stuff needs to be taught prior.

also like pinch harmonics and tapping, i don't see it beneficial to take $25 for a half hour of frustration (on me as well as them). i teach the basic fundamental, and send them home to practice it. i will do it over a few weeks (depending on their dedication) and refine it each time. i also in that case (and really in that case only) advising watching a video.

thats just a brief little explanation.

but i see no advantage over teaching anybody something beyond their level because that just stresses them.

on the flip-side i am a piano student. i am learning from one of the top instructors in the area (unfortunately he is retiring and moving to new orleans). but he EXPECTS 10 to 12 HOURS of practice a week at minimum. he says he has fired more students than he has taught long term. but i got two books thrown at me and all of the scales (# and b), as well as finger exercisers. but he is in demand, i play a lot so everything is great, it took a while to get into him.

but i have done it every week for the last month and i have learned in that amount of time than the last two years by myself.

it just depends what you and how you want it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have four students, private in studio.$25 for 30 minutes. most have played for less than three years. i have had had two of them for two years now.

different people have different methods.

i will teach a song, even if you don't like it a whole lot if it demonstrates a concept that i am teaching or showcases a technique.

i encourage people to look for songs that they want to learn and bring them over, but i will tell them if they are ready or not, or set that as a goal.

i try to teach what they want, but i explain to them (or their parents) that some stuff needs to be taught prior.

also like pinch harmonics and tapping, i don't see it beneficial to take $25 for a half hour of frustration (on me as well as them). i teach the basic fundamental, and send them home to practice it. i will do it over a few weeks (depending on their dedication) and refine it each time. i also in that case (and really in that case only) advising watching a video. thats just a brief little explanation.
but i see no advantage over teaching anybody something beyond their level because that just stresses them.
on the flip-side i am a piano student. i am learning from one of the top instructors in the area (unfortunately he is retiring and moving to new orleans). but he EXPECTS 10 to 12 HOURS of practice a week at minimum. he says he has fired more students than he has taught long term. but i got two books thrown at me and all of the scales (# and b), as well as finger exercisers. but he is in demand, i play a lot so everything is great, it took a while to get into him.
but i have done it every week for the last month and i have learned in that amount of time than the last two years by myself.
it just depends what you and how you want it.

+1