I found a Fender Hot Noiseless Strat set fairly cheap and I scooped them up. I LOVE the lead tone they provide in the neck position. However, I've never had the chance to use them in the 2/4 positions. In Strats I've played, I've loved the neck/mid hollow woody quackiness of that tone. I'm not too knowledgeable about pups, but as I understand it, that tone comes from having two single coils out of phase. Is this possible with noiseless pups? I know they have a dummy coil, so I'm somewhat lost on the subject now. Does using one regular single coil with the noiseless make any difference? I'm already selling the bridge pup anyway, if I need to sell the mid too, it doesn't matter to me.

Since I'm gonna be rewiring it anyway, I had something I wanted to try. I never use the 2 position (or is it 4?, the bridge+mid). Is it difficult to just make one position like a killswitch with no output at all?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Last edited by tas38 at Mar 31, 2013,
yeah with noiseless strat-style pickups 2+4 are still pretty quacky. probably not just as nice as with true single coils-but that's true for the noiseless pickups alone, too. obviously i can't say for sure, but if you don't mind how they sound alone you probably won't mind how they sound in positions 2+4, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I love these pups on their own. More than what I usually hear from true single coils.
should be fine then (as i said, though, i obviously can't guarantee that! )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hotter pups in general don't sound as good in parallel together for the strat quack.

That being said, the fender noiseless pups are some of the best stacked humbuckers for the strat single coil sound. I'd say they're about 85% to 90% of the way there to a true single coil sound. Really good pups, but way too expensive new.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Alright looks like ill be pretty happy. I mainly wanted that syrupy bitey lead tone those pups have. The 2/4 position was just gonna be the cherry on top.
Take a listen to anything Jeff Beck has recorded in the last ten, fifteen years or so. He uses the Fender Hot Noiseless in every position and he uses the 2 & 4 selections a lot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.