Im 16 and iv been playing guitar for about 3 years and i didnt take it all that seriously till about 9 months ago when i started a band with some friends. Im pretty much at a standstill i can learn some easier songs but i cant solo and i dont play very professionally. I need some help getting to that next step where i can perform a song instead of just play it. Any tips will be appreciated or if you have a song you think would be helpful to learn then please help! Thanks everyone.
Really all that we can tell you is to practice. With the limited info that you've given us to work with, we can't offer anything too specific. Just pick a song you like and learn it. There's no great mystery to playing guitar.

If you have a more specific question about a particular aspect of playing guitar, ask that and we will be able to offer more helpful advice.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Really all that we can tell you is to practice. With the limited info that you've given us to work with, we can't offer anything too specific. Just pick a song you like and learn it. There's no great mystery to playing guitar.

If you have a more specific question about a particular aspect of playing guitar, ask that and we will be able to offer more helpful advice.

Ok maybe ill just start out with soloing. I'm not concerned about speed and such by I want it to sound legit. When I play it sounds choppy and fake and it just doesn't flow. I don't really know how to get better because I have a really hard time learning solos in the first place. Do u got any tips or tricks to help with learning and becoming more comfortable playing them? And are there any songs you would recommend learning to help with this?
And maybe not even solos but like some fancier leads aswell. Like I said I just want to bring myself up to that next step where I can learn a song and not just play it but perform it.
How's your rhythm playing? Or how to you do with basic 2-3 note lead patterns (solos)?

While it's important, soloing isn't where you win the battle. You need to develop your technique first and get comfortable with the basics.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com