I have been looking for the right guitar for a few months now. Currently, I have a squier strat with a vypyr 30. Yesterday, I went to my local guitar center and played an Epiphone Les Paul and I loved it. In fact, i liked playing it more than the schecter hellraiser. I liked playing with it standing up a lot better than with my strat. I proceeded to look up the Epiphone les Paul standard and found many good reviews. I play mostly iron maiden, megadeth and coheed and cambria. Do you guys think this is a good guitar for an intermediate rhythm player such as myself?
1. Strap on some overalls
2. Arpeggio Seriousness
3. Lock Horns
4. Take a big fresh breath of air
5. Go Surfin'
6. Get high on fire
yup.

if you like a guitar, then it's good. some players may complain that the necks are a little thin, or that the pickups aren't the greatest (they aren't, but they're adequate and relatively easy to replace if need be), but an Epi LP is going to be one of the more reliable and decent guitars for the money.

I've had mine almost 8 years, and I still love it even with ESP's and Ibanez's flanking it in my stands
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
Hey its all you man if you like it then buy it. I know people that swear by epiphone. Won't even touch a gibson
I now have both Epiphone Les Pauls and a Gibson Les Paul. The Epi's have the gloss paint (usually) instead of satin finish, but otherwise hold their own against the Gibson. I feel they are equal in overall quality to at least the lower end Gibsons and give you room to mod with the money saved.

The usual advice is to try before you buy though, since individual guitars can end up sucking by the time they get to your hands. But that pretty much applies to every guitar manufacturer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some violent opposition to my first paragraph at some point though. All I'll add is that I wouldn't have bought the Gibson over an Epi if it weren't for the fact it's almost unique (an all maple Studio).
I've got an Epi LP std. and it's been my go-to guitar for years. I did upgrade my pickups a couple of years ago with some Manson Bare Knuckles. Otherwise a lovely guitar straight out of the factory.
Quote by brenthinds
I have been looking for the right guitar for a few months now. Currently, I have a squier strat with a vypyr 30. Yesterday, I went to my local guitar center and played an Epiphone Les Paul and I loved it. In fact, i liked playing it more than the schecter hellraiser. I liked playing with it standing up a lot better than with my strat. I proceeded to look up the Epiphone les Paul standard and found many good reviews. I play mostly iron maiden, megadeth and coheed and cambria. Do you guys think this is a good guitar for an intermediate rhythm player such as myself?

Take a look at the Epi 'Tribute plus' models

not much more $$
includes hardcase and Gibson pickups

Quote by paruwi
Take a look at the Epi 'Tribute plus' models

not much more $$
includes hardcase and Gibson pickups

I'll second that recommendation.
If you like a guitar then that's all you need to know.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ok, so lets say I buy it and am happy with it but I want to upgrade the pickups. What do you guys recommend?
1. Strap on some overalls
2. Arpeggio Seriousness
3. Lock Horns
4. Take a big fresh breath of air
5. Go Surfin'
6. Get high on fire