hey guys. no idea if I can do this or not without blowing something up. is it possible to mix speaker brands. sayyyyyyy. 2 celestion v30's and 2 eminence swamp thangs?
Power handling and impedance are the only things that matter.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by ihartfood
yes you can, but like kevin saale said without matching those one may be louder than the other.

O yeah, you'd want the sensitivities to be fairly closely matched. Its by no means required, but if they are more than 4 or so dbs apart it might cause problems.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
hmm..well to be honest have no idea how to figure that stuff out :P do you guys know if they would work well together?
they'll be fine as long as they're all the same impedance and you don't exceed like... 240W.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Google "wiring speakers guitar cabinet impedance." The first one that comes up should answer all of your questions. It's a five minute read with diagrams.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
Last edited by woad_yurt at Apr 1, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc
they'll be fine as long as they're all the same impedance and you don't exceed like... 240W.

This.

Make sure your Impedance (Ohms) match up appropriately.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
impedance will affect the real function and is most important.

SPL or sensitivity is important because it determines the volume, and you want both speakers to be realtively the same.

i would also familiarize myself with wattage and breakup.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)