This is going to be confusing cause i dont really know how to explain this well. I can play chords just fine, but whenever i look at tabs it will say the chord and then in the song it wont sound like a chord, it just sounds like strings being played. For instance, in this tab [forbidden link]
The first part where your supposed to play C (I was full by your count) its not just the C chord. Its this(its at :43) : [forbidden link]

I just dont understand what is being played. Im assuming this is a stupid noob question and ridiculously easy but i usually play metal cause i dont know how to do this type of stuff and i really want to learn.

Tell me if this doesnt make sense cause im not sure it does.
Last edited by xdullahan at Mar 31, 2013,
Well, some of your links are gone, but I'll give it a shot.

There is more than one way to play a C chord. There is more than one way to play pretty much every chord.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, some of your links are gone, but I'll give it a shot.

There is more than one way to play a C chord. There is more than one way to play pretty much every chord.

This. There's many different chord voicings.
Sounds to me like you're saying the chords are played as arpeggios. An arpeggio is a chord that is played one note at a time as opposed to being strummed all at once. Most professional tabs like from books will usually show the backing chords over the tab bars to indicate what a rhythm player should play, but don't always instruct how it's to be played. If it's a tab like what's found on this website then who knows. If it's none of these we might could be better help if you can find another example that isn't blocked.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Last edited by J-Dawg158 at Apr 1, 2013,
Arpeggios! Thats it! Yeah i have no idea how to read those, or if youre supposed to just sound it out by guessing, which im awful at. Oh wow i dont know why those are blocked. Weird.
Okay here we will try this, Blue Skies by Noah and The Whale.
Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifq4bYZnYrc
Tabs - http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/n/noah_and_the_whale/blue_skies_ver2_crd.htm
The way I read it is when the chord is above the lyric, you play it once, which obviously isnt how it goes. Can anyone help me understand how to simply read chords correctly?
Last edited by xdullahan at Apr 2, 2013,