I have a great guitar I want to upgrade. I want to add a humbucker and thus will need either to route my existing pickguard or replace with a pick guard routed for 2 hums. I also want a more modern looking bridge, maybe a schaller roller bridge or hipshot. I know basic electronics, I ve wired b4, I jave a rare Fender, and need to upgrade parts, where do I look for parts for this rare amazing playing and sound, but I want upgrade. No flaming, I want 2 humbuckers and a modern bridge, my guitar my choice, be considerate please-thanks,
Attachments:
FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
Guitar Lead.jpg
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Last edited by loinmute at Apr 1, 2013,
pull the guard off. if it has a swimming pool go for it and get a new pick guard. but if it doesnt i wouldnt those things are pretty rare and i would advise not to route out the wood and decrease the value of the guitar

edit: post a picture of the whole guitar pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!1
oh sorry completely forgot.
my favorite places:
(obvious)
musicians friend
guitar center
(not as obvious)
axetreme creations
allparts

edit:warmoth for a custom pickgaurd if you choose that route
Last edited by randywolf244 at Apr 1, 2013,
thanks, im having problems with UG on uploading,,,I'll try to get you a better pic, the guitar feels better than any I ve played

Edit: I read that Lead 1 have a route in the body for a single coil. I'll pull the guard off. and keep it updated

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Last edited by loinmute at Apr 1, 2013,
hey i understand. i love fenders best guitars ever made(my opinion)

ease of modding is one of my favorite things about fenders. plastic control cover = no routing for extra switches and such lol
It's your guitar of course, but personally I'd leave it, possibly upgrade the electronics to a shiny Seymour, some CTS pots, switchcraft switches and an orange drop cap

If you truly want to mod it, I reckon go for a '59/JB combo, and a Wilkinson contemporary tremolo.

Happy modding sir!
Ibanez TSA30 < Boss OS-2 < Custom Frankenstein Strat w/ scalloped board and Epi LP pickup
Thanks for the advice, I will def. stay with string-thru ferrals and fixed-bridge, I know there is already route in body for single-coil...I will route and enlarge for humbucker (and reduce some weight). I like hipshot bridges...they look cool, like what I like in a bridge, but the guitar has slightly narrower string spacing at nut??? Will this be problem?? With hipshot specs/diminsions?????

Thanks, Brad but I don't want tremelo bridge on this guitar