Page 3 of 5
Quote by Random3
My Periphery cover is uploading.

Also please change my easy entry to Rabbia E Tarantella by Ennio Morriocone, I think putting Malaguena Salerosa in easy would be a bit cheeky.

EDIT:

Can I make a suggestion for the guitars? Add some mids around 2.5 for a little clarity and clear out around 500.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
OP Updated.

I think I want to do Lay it Down by Ratt. What difficulty would that be in? Easy?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Here's my entry, yo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR-FigofELA
I don't know why it came out all square. Tried fixing it 3 times but it didn't work. Now I'm kind of cheesed off I wasted that time. Oh well. I give up.

It came out alright anyways.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Sign me up for Carry On Wayward Son (yes I learned the name this time) by Kansas, on (preferably) advanced bass.

Learned the whole song last month, and recorded it, but I did not get my hands on the files before the deadline. Will try to get them this time.
id like to enter with Trains by Porcupine Tree

probably for easy guitar and for vocal (other?)

thanks!
i'll try my hand at Feed the Machine by Red.
i guess it would be intermediate. that's what the tabs on ug list them as anyway.
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/red/feed_the_machine_ver3_tab.htm
what do you say?
this is a better tab if you have guitar pro/tux guitar
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/red/feed_the_machine_ver3_guitar_pro.htm
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
i'll try my hand at Feed the Machine by Red.
i guess it would be intermediate. that's what the tabs on ug list them as anyway.
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/red/feed_the_machine_ver3_tab.htm
what do you say?
this is a better tab if you have guitar pro/tux guitar
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/red/feed_the_machine_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Better yet, why not use the video from the guitarist himself? ?
And whose that sexy guy who posted it?

Also, I've said this before, but the tab difficulty doesn't show how hard the song is, it shows how detailed the tab itself is.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 8, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Better yet, why not use the video from the guitarist himself? ?
And whose that sexy guy who posted it?

oh shit
awesome man. i'll definitely use that.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
OP Updated

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think I want to do Lay it Down by Ratt. What difficulty would that be in? Easy?

Anybody?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TV-Casualty
Hey y'all, heres my cover!

Porcupine tree - Trains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5K5audg01k&feature=youtu.be

Now do it with the capo at 5

(This coming from the guys who has to play the song on a baritone guitar to hit the high notes in the chorus)

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Random3
I would say the solo puts that song comfortably in intermediate.

Okay, I'll put it in intermediate. Thanks

Quote by TV-Casualty
Hey y'all, heres my cover!

Porcupine tree - Trains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5K5audg01k&feature=youtu.be

Added to OP
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Got the files for my entry now! Just going to do a little bit of mixing before I upload it.

There won't be a video, though.
Quote by Oyface
Got the files for my entry now! Just going to do a little bit of mixing before I upload it.

There won't be a video, though.

That's fine. Video isn't a requirement.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Don't know if I'll get anything in. My mic isn't working. :/

We'll see.....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Also, sign me up for Fear of the dark, by Iron Maiden, on intermediate bass.

Started learning it today for a school project, so I figured why not.

It will be a different version though. We play it with one rhythm guitar, one piano, drums, bass, and vocals. So we've pretty much skipped all solos, as the guitarist isn't much of a lead player.

Not sure if we can get it recorded by the deadline, but if we do, I'll submit it. If we don't, no harm done, I guess.

EDIT: Am I allowed to sign up for vocal, even though I only do backing vocals on the chorus ..?
Last edited by Oyface at Apr 11, 2013,
Quote by Oyface
Also, sign me up for Fear of the dark, by Iron Maiden, on intermediate bass.

Started learning it today for a school project, so I figured why not.

It will be a different version though. We play it with one rhythm guitar, one piano, drums, bass, and vocals. So we've pretty much skipped all solos, as the guitarist isn't much of a lead player.

Not sure if we can get it recorded by the deadline, but if we do, I'll submit it. If we don't, no harm done, I guess.

Added

Quote by Oyface
EDIT: Am I allowed to sign up for vocal, even though I only do backing vocals on the chorus ..?

That might be pushing it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Das_Skittles
Now do it with the capo at 5

(This coming from the guys who has to play the song on a baritone guitar to hit the high notes in the chorus)

Haha, it does sound better up there doesn't it?

I might give it a shot if its not too embarrassing.. and if i can hunt down my capo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That might be pushing it

That's what I thought ..
Uploading the Kansas cover now. Should be up in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here it is!

I made up for the lack of a video by making a pretty cool album cover design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAOlbTRy5o

This is only instrumental, with rhythm guitar, bass, drums, and piano. No vocals or lead guitar. But it's a bass cover, so who cares.

It's also not mixed. I just slightly adjusted the volume of the bass so it would be audible.

The bass I recorded with is a bitch to play on, which tired me out before the end, so the end of the song is a bit sloppy. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Oyface at Apr 11, 2013,
It appears I might have fixed the mic problems that screwed me on previous attempts. I'm gonna say I'll do... Breakdown by Breaking Benjamin for easy guitar. I don't want to do something too difficult because I'll have a heart attack if it turns out this recording set up doesn't work as well as I think it will
OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by KelbeyW
From Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica

From Whom the Bell Tolls (Guitar & Bass Cover) - Metallica

Guitar: Easy (KelbeyW)
Bass: Easy (Federico)
Collab: (KelbeyW & Federico)

Those 3 categories please ^^

Does the guy you're collaborating with have a UG account?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I guess not, nevermind that then. Can't it still count as collab? ;p
This is really just for UGers so I can't really add him to the bass category or your collaboration.

A lot of people don't sign up for collabs anyway so yours would be waiting until somebody else enters one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Exactly!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Holy hell it's a miracle. I got the new set up down (sort of) but jammed a finger playing baseball yesterday so it's sloppy in some parts. Also, the B string is new and went out of tune so there's that.

So this is for easy guitar. It's Breakdown, by Breaking Benjamin. If you guys think it sounds too muddy, I'll attempt to re record it.
https://soundcloud.com/user767850751/breaking-benjamin-breakdown
Got a new recording of my Kansas entry that I will be uploading either today or tomorrow, so please disregard the current one.

Will also get my other entry uploaded tomorrow.
I'll have to pull out on my One Days Remains cover, can get the riff right, there's no way I'll get it right by tomorow