Hi all,

I'm considering getting a Schecter C-1 Custom. Here are the pickups it has.

Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge.

Seymour Ducan '59 SH-1N in the neck

The neck of this guitar is a 3 piece maple, the fretboard is ebony.

The body is Mahogany with a quilted maple top.

I play pop punk. Lots of it. All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, My chemical romance, My American Heart, Boys Like Girls, Saosin, Breaking Benjamin, Taking Back Sunday,

Of course those aren't all pop punk. I play pop punk and a little heavier stuff too (Saosin, Breaking Benjamin).

Would these pickups suit me well? I don't want any skimpyness on the distortion at all. I usually like a little bit more distortion then what these bands use anyways. A good, fat, crunchy distortion.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by kingneptune117 at Apr 1, 2013,
That guitar is quite a nice fit.

That said, you should include your current rig, guitar and amp.

Things you need to take in account are:
-the guitar is 24.75" (24 3/4) scale with 24 frets. The fret spaces are ever so slightly smaller than a 24 3/4 with 22 frets or 25.5 with 24 frets.
-SH-11 is medium output, articulate, balanced, 59 is the same deal. Good for what you play now but if you are considering metal or heavier distortion genres I would consider the following:

LTD MH-1000NT - differences: 25.5" scale, rosewood fingerboard, JB bridge (just as versatile leaning towards heavier music) Abalone overload, slightly thinner neck profile (20mm at nut, 22mm at 12th) while the c-1 is 21 -22.5 (dont quote me on those, i just measured at guitarcenter)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-guitar/mh-1000nt.html
Blackjack ATX C-1 - Duncan Blackouts: Metal, finishes, satin finishes
http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-1.aspx
what amp will you be using?

the custom custom should have plenty of gain, the only problem is it can get a little mushy in the bass with high gain distortion because off the alnico II magnet. I think you can swap the other magnets into it (to get either the custom 5 or custom) which should help, but i've never tried a magnet swap myself. I'm guessing (don't quote me) it's easier (and cheaper) than a pickup swap, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually, I use a fender mustang 1 (FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED!) lol.

I like the amp. I also have a Peavey Vypr which I use as well.

I heard the Custom Custom is compressed. I just got rid of a guitar with EMG's and let me say, I did not like the compressed sounds of the EMG's one bit.

Is this pickup going to sound similar to EMG's? Also, keep the opinions rolling on the pickups! I want to have some confidence before I buy.
Get a new amp first.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
What guitar are you currently using, or is the one you just got rid of the only you had?
OffsetOffset
it shouldn't sound anything like emgs. It may be a little compressed, though- as i said, the alnico II can get muddy with gain, and i suppose could also be considered to be a bit compressed, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?