Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new amp and my budget is up to £400. £500 MAX. I mostly play acoustic but I on occasion play electric. I want an amp that can go quite loud and has very broad sound spectrum (rich deep bass up to crisp highs). Would also be handy if it had a few on board effects/presets.

[Not essential but would be useful] - I also use my PC to record music sometimes so if there are any PC friendly amps that would be a plus.

Overall I'm after a really lovely sounding amp that is suitable for all kinds of music but mainly acoustic.

Many Thanks!
I don't know a whole lot about the whole "amp to computer" thing, but I do know that not a lot of amps have it, I don't feel they need it. I don't know what your onboard fx request consists of but maybe something like a used VoxAC15 or Fender Blues Jr. I'd focus on a good amp and put effects on deck, there will always be room for a pedal or two down the road
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I would reccomend looking into Blackstars new series. It's called the Id series. They're supposed to be pretty good. From what I've heard they're extremely versatile. That or just any other Blackstar amp. I think the Id series from Blackstar also has an emulated output that allows you to record to your computer.
Last edited by lightdark at Apr 1, 2013,