yes
36 56%
no
28 44%
Voters: 64.
Page 1 of 2
Yeah, doing nothing is pretty swell.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
developer for an awesome virtual instruments software company

It's a mix of awesome and super frustrating

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Waiter

it's okay
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
well i work as a stock boy for my family's farm market. i also do a lot of volunteer sound work at my school, but it's volunteer, so i dont get paid for it. but yeah, it's pretty cool i guess.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
TS should have made both student and unemployed separate options. Yes and no are so dichotomous.

I consider student as a job even though it isn't really a job.
Quote by Random3
I have worked as a lifeguard which is good pay and very little work, except for when you actually have to save someone.

I never had to save anyone when I worked for the YMCA as a lifeguard

Quote by CoreysMonster
I program games to help old people with balance problems. This is some serious awesomeness right here.

THats pretty cool!
Quote by macashmack
I consider student as a job even though it isn't really a job.

Yeah, but no one else does...
Carpenter.
I have wood
I like wood
Last edited by kertets at Apr 1, 2013,
I work at a bottle shop. Don't exactly want to stay there long term, and working until 2 can be a drag sometimes, but its really a great college job to have.
I enjoy it, but I also don't get paid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yea. No excuse. A student still gotta work.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

just for the sake of this poll then
Quote by Wesbanez
IT Tech/Network support. Love it

I'm actually considering doing this as well. What's a typical day like?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm unemployed, but i really want a job, so i answered no, as in, i don't enjoy being unemployed.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I'm a cashier at Safeway. Pay is pretty good, the people are cool and I'm the only male cashier there
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I work for a massive bank in commercial real estate lending. It's ok sometimes, other times I get stressed and bogged down.

But if you would have asked me growing up what I wanted to do with my life, this wouldn't be anywhere near the list.
Hhahahahaha

no
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm actually considering doing this as well. What's a typical day like?

Honestly, depends where you work.

My current shop is a medium size enterprise with US owners, im in a team of 6, split 4 infrastructure (boxes and wires, my side) and 2 applications (coding shit). We're very user facing and everyone in the team is encouraged to be customer service oriented.

Nobody in the team is above helping users (or muggles as we call them) out with their stupid crap, but on the same day we'll be balls deep in proper IT work (deploying new servers, looking after our SAN, etc etc)

If you want to work with proper IT all the time, best to avoid small shops and go for large operations. Avoid banks and pharmaceuticals, the paper work to get shit done will drive you insane.
Quote by Wesbanez

If you want to work with proper IT all the time, best to avoid small shops and go for large operations. Avoid banks and pharmaceuticals, the paper work to get shit done will drive you insane.

I agree with this. I'm not all that interested in the IT field of computers, but I had an IT job last summer at a very large steel manufacturing company, and it was the bee's knees. Once I learned my way around the plant and got permission to drive the van it was cake.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Wesbanez
Honestly, depends where you work.

My current shop is a medium size enterprise with US owners, im in a team of 6, split 4 infrastructure (boxes and wires, my side) and 2 applications (coding shit). We're very user facing and everyone in the team is encouraged to be customer service oriented.

Nobody in the team is above helping users (or muggles as we call them) out with their stupid crap, but on the same day we'll be balls deep in proper IT work (deploying new servers, looking after our SAN, etc etc)

Sweet. Do they provide training for all the tasks?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Student assistant. I like it. Pays well per hour, pretty flexible.

Downside: don't have that many hours.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Xiaoxi
Sweet. Do they provide training for all the tasks?

My current employer has been great with training so far. They're paying for some high level Cisco certs in the near future, so very peachy.

IT is a great field to be in, if you can put up with only being noticed when the shit hits the fan
I work at a Barnes & Noble. The customers I have to deal with can be jerky, but it's retail so that is expected. My management is really nice: doesn't screw you out of hours, gives you breaks/lunches, easy to talk to, etc. All of my other coworkers are pretty laid back as well. The only downside is that I get paid min wage, but the discounts in the store kind of balance it out (50% off all cafe items, 30% off magazines, books)

8/10 would recommend
Last edited by schecter ftw at Apr 1, 2013,
I'm a student, and I fucking hate it. Best years of your life, my arse.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I work for national grid a electric and gas provider in NYS and new England states and some of the UK. I pretty much sit a computer talking to poor people about how they can't pay their bill. Its good laughs.
I'm a manager at a local restaurant. It's pretty awesome. I get paid very well and I get free food and alcohol. Plus the waitresses are nice to look at. The only downside is that I work a lot of hours. It can start to wear on you after a while.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
work for clothes company who use asian labour to provide cheap clothes.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Apr 1, 2013,
I'm a Copywriter, a Festival planner, Musical Promoter, a Psychology Consultant and a Depth Hypnotherapist.

Basically, at some time I am all of these but never at the same time. Over the course of a year though, they all pop up.

The one thing that never drops though is that I'm a Writer. I was born to be a Writer. There is nothing in the world that makes me happier.
Page 1 of 2