Hello guys

I don't know if this is the right place to submit my question

I have VOX Tonelab EX pedal which I use for home recording. I usually plug the pedal into my laptop (I had had windows XP home edition) and start recording right away. Things were really fine and smooth, the sound was neat and warm. Couple of weeks ago I installed windows 7 professional on my laptop and the misery started. The laptop detects the pedal as MIC not as sound interface/card. The sound quality is really rubbish. I thought there was something wrong with the laptop, so I reinstalled windows XP and things were brilliant. For technical reasons I have to up grade to Windows 7 and the problem was there.

I did everything I could imagine in order to change the audio settings but in vain. I'm really hopeless and I urge your help.

many thanks in advance
You and me are the same
We don't know or care who's to blame
But we know that whoever holds the reins
Nothing will change
Our cause has gone insane
Not really a computer whizz but maybe the sound card isn't compatible with windows 7? Try reinstalling the driver for the sound card?
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
How are you plugging the pedal into?

It's a live pedal, it's not exactly suited to home recording.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire

Well...

Quote by Tonelab EX @ voxamps.com
USB port provides a single-cable audio connection to your computer’s digital recording software

That should do it.

Try to download and install the drivers from the VOX website.
http://www.voxamps.com/downloads/software/ToneLabEX_Lib_DRV.zip
It doesn't imply if it's Win 7 compatible though.
Quote by Keskimaki
Well...

That should do it.

Chem is correct it's not suited for it just like my DigiTech BP355 isn't suited for it either. That doesn't stop it from being usable though.

TS check the website for Vista or 7 compatible drivers (vista compatible drivers should work on 7) otherwise you're outta luck I think.
Quote by vivalaheerey
Not really a computer whizz but maybe the sound card isn't compatible with windows 7? Try reinstalling the driver for the sound card?

I tried reinstalling the drivers but the problem remained
You and me are the same
Nothing will change
Quote by ChemicalFire

I use USB cable.

It is still suitable for home recording, I don't play in a band. I'm still wondering why Windows 7 recognizes the pedal as a MIC
You and me are the same
Nothing will change
Quote by Keskimaki
Well...

That should do it.

I already downloaded the driver from Vox website because I thought the drivers on the CD were out of date, the result is still the same
You and me are the same
Nothing will change
Quote by chatterbox272
Chem is correct it's not suited for it just like my DigiTech BP355 isn't suited for it either. That doesn't stop it from being usable though.

TS check the website for Vista or 7 compatible drivers (vista compatible drivers should work on 7) otherwise you're outta luck I think.

I'll give it a try and post the feedback, I hope it will work... though I doubt it!
You and me are the same
Nothing will change
If you still have problems after finding any "new" drivers - Vista or Windows 7...

Why not do a dual boot setup for your computer? You can have both Win 7 and WinXP on your computer and boot to either when it starts up. A little "menu" will appear upon booting and ask which OS you want to use. It will default to one or the other (user preference) after a set amount of time.

Now when you want to record, just boot to XP and have a blast!

You can find all the dual boot crap on the Windows site at http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-vista/install-more-than-one-operating-system-multiboot

Quote by Bill43
If you still have problems after finding any "new" drivers - Vista or Windows 7...

Why not do a dual boot setup for your computer? You can have both Win 7 and WinXP on your computer and boot to either when it starts up. A little "menu" will appear upon booting and ask which OS you want to use. It will default to one or the other (user preference) after a set amount of time.

Now when you want to record, just boot to XP and have a blast!

You can find all the dual boot crap on the Windows site at http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-vista/install-more-than-one-operating-system-multiboot

There is only one driver for all OS except Mac that has a unique driver.

I didn't think of having dual OS, this maybe the last resort... I'll keep searching for driver for vista otherwise I'll go for dual OS.

thanks for the hint though
You and me are the same
Nothing will change