Google wasn't much help, I guess I didn't use the right terms, but the head on my lespaul snapped off, I didn't care to much for how it felt, but after thinking it over, it has a lot of modded parts, and grover tuners, and stuff, so I've decided to save money, and have the fun of building a guitar swapping the parts out.

So where can I order blank bodies,? One's that would likely be suitable to have hardware swapped out with an LP? I like slimmer fast necks, and neckthroughs.
Also how hard would a simple hardware swap be, or how much would it cost, I can do the painting myself.

So links?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Here's a pic of it when it was in one piece if that helps:
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 1, 2013,
Thanks, but I'm still having trouble finding good full neckthrough, I'm looking for something that's built like this:

but the store has a bad rerutation, and seems very overpriced, and I'd like the inlays to be blank, but that's not vey important. Searching through sites I'm mostly running into kits, and I just want a body with the neck already on it, and no paint.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 1, 2013,
Quote by stratkat
Thanks, but I'm still having trouble finding good full neckthrough, I'm looking for something that's built like this:

but the store has a bad rerutation, and seems very overpriced, and I'd like the inlays to be blank, but that's not vey important. Searching through sites I'm mostly running into kits, and I just want a body with the neck already on it, and no paint.

You wont find a neck tru kit unless you pay a lot for one to be made custom. BYOguitar may build you one, or find a guitar with no hardware on ebay
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eh, neckthru isn't as important, I just want neck with a headstock the grover tuners will fit well on, and body with one humbucker space at the bridge. And both with no finish on them so I can paint them. (My LP had an active/passive pickup combo, I don't want to have to call EMG to get the schematics of how the hell to do that, I had a guitar shop do it for me, that setup actually voids EMGs warranty, but they have schematics for it.)

If I contact a guitar company, since they have bodies lying around I'm sure, mass produced ones, would they let me order just a body? I can see why they wouldn't, but they could put their brand name or a number where the hardware would go, since they might want their name on it somewhere.

Oh another thing that's important, I'll have a body that can use that kind of bridge, else i'll have to use a super cheap strat styled bridge.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 2, 2013,
www.guitarfetish.com
has set neck LP style guitars kits for $200 that are unfinished. They do come with hardware, but the hardware is cheap and the hardware off your Epi will fit it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That sounds pretty good, I'll definately have a shop do the bridge holes.

There's an ESP rip off I like more though, it's carved top, I like esps more than LPs, so would it be compatible with my bridge? If not I'll buy a new one, that's realy the last question I have.
if it is a tune-o-matic style bridge, most likely
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well it comes with a cheap bridge if mine won't work, so I just have to pick between if I wanna deal with a neck through or not.

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it.

I won't follow this thread anymore, but as soon as I get the money to order it, I might come back to this forum for advice/help.
Have you taken your guitar to a shop to see if they could fix the headstock?
That is a common break on Gibson/Epiphone guitars and most of the time it is fixable and the guitar will be in 100% playing shape.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate