Page 1 of 2
i spent most of easter playing pokemon puzzle something and lode runner 3d and rayman 2 on nintendo 64

discuss the wonders of old games
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUEEEEE

Damn those N64 Pokemon games were the tits.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I have a Playstation tower in my room. A PS1 on top of a PS2 on top of a PS3.
Quote by Trowzaa
I have a Playstation tower in my room. A PS1 on top of a PS2 on top of a PS3.

Shouldn't the PS3 be on top with its bevelled surface?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Shouldn't the PS3 be on top with its bevelled surface?

I've got a slim. It's slightly more level, enough so to balance it easily enough.
N64? Old? If it's not at least 30 years old, it's not old.

Sometimes I play Nintendo World Cup. Sometimes the cartridge doesn't work though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
ermagerd hogs of war on ps1

amazing gmae
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by theogonia777
N64? Old? If it's not at least 30 years old, it's not old.

Fun fact: in terms of video games, a console officially becomes an antique at 10 years of age. That means the Game Boy Advance and Gamecube, consoles I grew up with, are antiques.

I love video games, old and new. I own 11 different consoles, from Atari 2600 to Xbox 360. I adore the NES and Super Nintendo, and Nintendo in general.
N64 is the balls. I went to my parents house and they found my old one and were saying they were going to throw it out. Thank god I happened to be there to stop it. I'm currently working back through Ocarina of Time and beat star fox a few days ago. My sega genesis has never left me however nor has my neo geo. King of Fighters 98 is my shit
Quote by Skodward714
Fun fact: in terms of video games, a console officially becomes an antique at 10 years of age. That means the Game Boy Advance and Gamecube, consoles I grew up with, are antiques.

I love video games, old and new. I own 11 different consoles, from Atari 2600 to Xbox 360. I adore the NES and Super Nintendo, and Nintendo in general.

So the 360 will be an antique in 3 years. Huh.

Anybody play Sunset Riders?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I love my GameCube. I still play Pikmin.

Those adorable little plant people....
Sail upon the open skies
I'm tempted to start a game of earthbound but I have social obligations for the next week so I won't...
Super Mario All-Stars package for SNES man... My record for beating Super Mario Bros. was 14 minutes.
We just reconnected my old Playstation just to play EA Hockey 98.

I was a little dissappointed that I didn't have any of my old seasons stored on the memory card, though.

Memory cards. *chuckle*
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I just started playing Dragon Warrior on NES. It's annoying but still good- like a lot of NES games.
The first game I ever played on a console was Killer Instinct on SNES.

All I remember is that finisher where one of the female characters flashes her tits and it's implied that her knockers are just so bonkers that you just can't possibly comprehend them and you fucking die right there.

Retro gaming! Woo!
Quote by homeless-john
The first game I ever played on a console was Killer Instinct on SNES.

All I remember is that finisher where one of the female characters flashes her tits and it's implied that her knockers are just so bonkers that you just can't possibly comprehend them and you fucking die right there.

Retro gaming! Woo!

Yeah, I recall many similar r*tarded moments in NES and SNES gaming history.
Edit: But, that's still one hell of a hilarious way to end a game.
FF7 and FF8. Enough said.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Dr. Bacon
Yeah, I recall many similar r*tarded moments in NES and SNES gaming history.
Edit: But, that's still one hell of a hilarious way to end a game.

I was great! I still remember when my brothers showed me it.

A lot of early gaming memories were through my brothers actually. I think I learned most of my swear words from watching one of them getting frustrated at GTA 2.

I would love to dig this out again, f*cking love to.

Also, a while ago I spent some weeks playing this:

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Anyone played Legacy of the Wizard on NES? I challenge you to finish it without the help of internet. If you like not knowing what to do, wandering aimlessly, searching for fake walls, falling to traps and walking twenty minutes back to the boss which killed you because you didn't have the shield that would help A LOT but is impossible to find without advice then this is the game for you.

I love it
Quote by homeless-john
I was great! I still remember when my brothers showed me it.

A lot of early gaming memories were through my brothers actually. I think I learned most of my swear words from watching one of them getting frustrated at GTA 2.

I remember those ps1 controllers made hella-crazy weapons to beat each other with. Those stood up to some real abuse.
Quote by ElMaco
Anyone played Legacy of the Wizard on NES? I challenge you to finish it without the help of internet. If you like not knowing what to do, wandering aimlessly, searching for fake walls, falling to traps and walking twenty minutes back to the boss which killed you because you didn't have the shield that would help A LOT but is impossible to find without advice then this is the game for you.

I love it

That's what feels "unauthentic" to me is the fact that we have all of the resources available to us now, but back in the day all we had to look to was Nintendo Power magazine. Anytime I look up just small clues, I feel like I'm ruining the entire experience and completely cheating compared to how things used to be. But, it sucks spending hours stuck on a single level, looking it up finally, only to find you were supposed to walk over to some random wall and press up, up, B.
I could also shout out to my old Snes which replaced my Sega Master System as best games console before that Plasytation came a long.
Can't believe no one has mentioned the Sega Dreamcast.

Skies of Arcadia ftfw fuavck you all!
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

What I love most about old gaming consoles is that my snes, n64, gameboy pocket and everything else I have still work and every person I know with an xbox has had at least one die with a red ring of death.
Quote by Diamond Dave
What I love most about old gaming consoles is that my snes, n64, gameboy pocket and everything else I have still work and every person I know with an xbox has had at least one die with a red ring of death.

Well, simplicity is a big factor there, as I'm sure you know. Old Nintendo products had literally no moving parts, so there was less a chance of failure.

Also, whoever designed the 360 motherboards was just a fool. Encasing it in metal so it couldn't cool. So stupid.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by soulflyV
Wasn't that only on the Gameboy Colour?

no
Quote by korinaflyingv
Page 1 of 2