Hey guys, I was thinking about this guitar but can't really find any info about it. It's the Epiphone Limited Edition Explorer Pro. I play melo deth but I also venture into blues and also would this guitar sound good for metal? I'm attracted to it because of the look and the coil tapping feature is definitely a plus. I also need to know if it's a full size explorer. I'm a explorer freak so yeah. Any info is appreciated. The amp is 6505 212.
Last edited by warb3ast at Apr 2, 2013,
Is it the one with the TV Silver finish? I haven't played one yet, but I'm GASing for one hard. Epi Explorers are pretty solid sans the GT model, and with an amp like that you should be all set.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Is it the one with the TV Silver finish? I haven't played one yet, but I'm GASing for one hard. Epi Explorers are pretty solid sans the GT model, and with an amp like that you should be all set.

Yea that's the one I'm trying to figure out if it's a solid guitar has a good metal sound and what's the qc on it. Oh also if the P/U's are good.
From my experience the QC will probably be quite reasonable, but not perfect.
Stock pickups are definitely a lackluster when it comes to Epiphones, you might want to change them as they might sound a bit dull and flabby.

Considering this, you might want to invest a tad more money and maybe buy something like the Epiphone 1984 Explorer with EMGs, the new Thunderhorse (if you don't like EMGs and really want coil splitting), or a used Gibson Explorer like the Explorer Faded which goes for quite good prices. LTD also has a couple of Explorer-style guitars that might be worth considering.

However, you can also just get the Epiphone Explorer Pro and change the pickups if you REALLY don't like them. Just make sure you play one before you buy and see if you even like the feel of the guitar.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz