I will keep it short: I got a JCM 800:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is a combo, but don't worry, I have a 2 12 closed cab that I use with it. Which brings me to my question: I have a Whitebox cab with Eminence speakers that sound great with the amp, but I realized the combo came with some pretty valuable and highly regarded speakers of it's own:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Should I remove the speakers and switch them with the ones in my cab? The amp sounds great in combo format, but lacks the lows and kick the closed back cab provides. I couldn't ever really see using it disconnected unless I was too lazy carry my cab with me.

And I realize I could just get a head, but the prices have increased dramatically from where they were when I was looking at the 800s a few years ago. I purchased this combo for $700, so considering it is the same amp as the heads that are selling for close to a grand on ebay now and came coupled with speakers that can easily sell at over $100 a piece on the used market, I am quite content.
Can't you use the combo AND the cab? Effectively making it into a 4x12???
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
Can't you use the combo AND the cab? Effectively making it into a 4x12???

I am currently, but the bright sound from the combo overpowers my cab. The eminence speakers are quite smooth and warm sounding, so I thought they would work better in an open back combo format and these old, broken-in celestions would give me the awesome Marshall crunchiness in a closed back cab. I was looking for opinions from people with experience with the old g12 65s.

I apologize, I guess I could have actually explained my thought process originally.
What's the impedance rating on your speakers in your 2x12? You could switch them no problem really.

It would hurt the resale value of your combo unless you switch them back.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
For shits and grins try swapping just one speaker first and leave it that way for a day or two and give it a good run both with the combo and the cab. Then fully swap them. Maybe record all 3 combinations and then make a decision on what to do permanently.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
For shits and grins try swapping just one speaker first and leave it that way for a day or two and give it a good run both with the combo and the cab. Then fully swap them. Maybe record all 3 combinations and then make a decision on what to do permanently.

+1.

And stop shaking next time you take a picture. Looks like you have JCM300
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

And technically you have no review or clip so this thread is *repor....

Oh never mind patriotplayer, I'm just messin'

Lolz. Well it looks like a JCM 800 and sounds like a JCM 800. Or should sound, I should say. I bought an800 a few years ago that was honky sounding and not really doing anything for me, but this one is exactly what I was looking for.

I was hoping to see a Splawn QR pop up on eBay, but I couldn't pass this amp up. This amp has exactly what I need and nothing more, whereas I'm afraid the QR might be lacking a little in the lower gain tones for the sake of the super hot-rodded ones, as awesome as they are. I couldn't really be happier with the amp though.

Also, my 800 has 5881s in it. I know many people aren't fans of the combination, but it sounds great as is. I'm not taking them out and you can't make me.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I'm afraid the QR might be lacking a little in the lower gain tones for the sake of the super hot-rodded ones, as awesome as they are.

FYI
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31270445&postcount=407