Hey I'm considering trading for an Epiphone LP Custom - does this serial number look legit? 104090717 (printed on back of headstock) I thought Epiphone guitars had serial numbers that start with EE. Apparently its a 2004 korean made instrument. Thanks for any help.
Quote by hoontar
Hey I'm considering trading for an Epiphone LP Custom - does this serial number look legit? 104090717 (printed on back of headstock) I thought Epiphone guitars had serial numbers that start with EE. Apparently its a 2004 korean made instrument. Thanks for any help.

Your guitar was made Sept 04 at the Korean Saein factory

EE serials have been used from ~ 02-08

the first digit is a "I" not a "1"
Quote by paruwi
So you tried the serial there ?

what was the result ?

try this and learn something new....

EE14091234
and
EE72061234

Nope, simply showing that this info can be attained through a quick Google search.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Nope, simply showing that this info can be attained through a quick Google search.

Yeah, but the result of the search you showed is worthless........

try it and you'll know it
Quote by paruwi
Yeah, but the result of the search you showed is worthless........

try it and you'll know it

Not the point. Check another site, and another if you need to.
My point is that a thread posted with information that can easily be found through a minute of google searching is kind of pointless.

There are many sites to show the formula for serial numbers, and once those have been exhausted, it's a whole different conversation.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Not the point. Check another site, and another if you need to.
My point is that a thread posted with information that can easily be found through a minute of google searching is kind of pointless.

There are many sites to show the formula for serial numbers, and once those have been exhausted, it's a whole different conversation.

My point is giving the correct information

not worthless links
My point was that one can easily find this information on Google.
I gave an example of one such site. Whether or not it works in this situation is no matter, it works in others. Clearly you've missed the original message, sorry you couldn't figure it out
OffsetOffset