Hey UG'ers. This is the question: I have a laptop (ACER) with no line-in input so I thought I can record through:

Guitar --> Pedal --> Amp (with 1/8 - 1/8 cable from the headphones of the amp to the mic input of the laptop.

Is this a good choice?

Can you suggeste me ideas?
Thanks fellow UG'ers!
Neither that, nor you other plan of using the line in input are good ideas. You need an interface of some sort, and we have a sticky on those to help you decide which one to get.
It's a start, It depends what you want to achieve, if you're looking for some kind of amusement or something for your friend it's ok, you can try..... nevertheless if you want to record for some better purpose it's not the best idea.
I started doing such a thing, I used to plug my guitar directly into the computer and than use Ardour to record.
Good luck
To record, you need recording equipment, either an interface to use your laptop or a multitracker. Recommendations for both are in the sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Mark1433
It's a start, It depends what you want to achieve, if you're looking for some kind of amusement or something for your friend it's ok, you can try..... nevertheless if you want to record for some better purpose it's not the best idea.
I started doing such a thing, I used to plug my guitar directly into the computer and than use Ardour to record.
Good luck

Yes, but the problem is, you could blow out your computer's input jack, which is why it's NOT a good idea.

Quote by melodethguy
Well thanks for your suggestions, I think I will buy an HSR 2.2

Not familiar with that interface, but (after looking it up) it looks like a good starting interface. Assuming you won't ever be recording a full band, you should be set to go.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 2, 2013,
Yes. I choose that interface because is national (I am from Argentina) and it's good and cheap. Soon I will buy another computer (desktop) because mine's got 8 years haha xD.
Thank you guys.
Quote by melodethguy
Yes. I choose that interface because is national (I am from Argentina) and it's good and cheap. Soon I will buy another computer (desktop) because mine's got 8 years haha xD.
Thank you guys.

Well, the main reason I said that interface looks decent is because it has a pad/mic button, which means it allows you switch between instruments or mic's, which is basically a requirement if you're going to plug an instrument directly into the interface. (A lot of interfaces don't have a pad/mic button, which is bad for recording instruments.)

Edit:
Other than that, I really have nothing to go on, because I'm not good at reading Spanish and Chrome translations (Chrome translates things for me sometimes, if I tell it to) are odd at best and horrible at worst.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 3, 2013,
You could impliment a passive DI in reverse..It will sound just as good (bad) as your original idea but it'll lesson the chance of sending to much current into zeelaptop.
Well guy. I have the HSR 2.2 Audio Interface and I connected it to my desktop computer because the laptop belongs to my dad.
I have a question about the HSR: can I swtich it to stereo? cuz when I am wit headphones, I only listen to one channel. Thank you my fellow friends