Hey!

I'm investing in a micro amp (like, those ones that fit in your hand) just for convenience when travelling around and just when I'm out for a quick little jam with some mates and I cbf bringing my amp (AC30 ftw).

Pretty much I've put it down to the Danelectro Honeytone and the Marshall MS-2.
Now, I know the most favourited micro amp on here is probably the Orange Micro Crush but for me it's not what I'm looking for since it's a bit touch too big and a feature I really, really want is the clip on the back that you could attach to your pants and play. the Honeytone and MS-2 both have this.

In terms of sound I know the Honeytone has nicer cleans apparently so and the Marshall has better distortion. I play anything from jazz and funk to SRV blues up to some crunchy british rock. Nothing extreme. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two little amps?

I'm pretty confused on which one I should go for. Leaning towards the Honeytone though. Running a strat.

Cheers.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Apr 2, 2013,
Most of them have barely enough volume to get over your strings, and if they do they generally sound terrible.

Unless you're going to be walking around with your guitar noodling away all day (sans EVH on 2 and a half men) i'd save my money.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Most of them have barely enough volume to get over your strings, and if they do they generally sound terrible.

Unless you're going to be walking around with your guitar noodling away all day (sans EVH on 2 and a half men) i'd save my money.

I'm cool with their volume, they are after all pretty much toys. I'm definitely not jamming with anyone loud or anything loud.
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
If you have that mindset, then whichever you can get the cheapest.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Try the vox headphone things, might be more what your looking for
Look at the battery powered Roland Mobile Cube, Line 6 Micro spider, Fender Mustang Mini, Crate Taxi. All will be better than what your looking at.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ He can't clip that on his belt/pants though, I do love the micro cube but if he wants to walk around that won't be it.

TS, I haven't tried the honeytone, but the MS-2 is charming in a ratty, awful quality kind of way. I would go for that
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
True, but it would fit in a small backpack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Volcz
the Honeytone has nicer cleans apparently

I'd hate to think of anything with worse cleans than this thing. The speaker and construction limit it to sounding tinny, but I guess you're expecting that. In terms of tone, you're comparing sh!t with sh!t. I, too, thought a tiny amp would be fun, but it's practically useless.

I'd add another vote for the roland micro cube, but it seems like it would probably be bigger than you want.

If you want something that is portable and sounds good, why not get an acoustic?
Kenneth
Carvin v3m.

But seriously, if you want to spend a little more to get something recordable, micro terror.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by &baconstrips
If you want something that is portable and sounds good, why not get an acoustic?

Yeah mate, I'm saving up for a Cole Clark FL1.

These pieces of crap are like $30 though. I know they sound like shit but hey, I think they could be some fun. I think I may as well buy both of them cause it's doing any damage.

Hahahah cheers guys, I may invest in a roland micro cube another time!
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
I have an MS-2, somewhere. It's kind of a funny novelty, but it's an absolute POS.

I think Vox makes some good things, not sure if they're actually amps or not though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The ms2 isn't that bad it beats having absolutely nothing in a power outage, they are ok gig bag amps just don't expect it to sound good like a half stack of the gods. Awhile back fender used to sell a mini tweed deluxe I grabbed it for 20 bucks it wasn't that bad either. Your better off with a Roland micro cube or mustang mini but they are like 50 USD so why the hell not.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
i have a honeytone. nothing to compare it with, as i have not played any of the others. its fizzy. surprisingly loud, but doesn't really sound that good. definitely a bit fizzy.

it isn't anything great, but if you are going somewhere and have noithing, a honeytone is much bigger.

if one thing says it all, if i travel with a guitar, it is with me. usually if i go somewhere i have a guitar there (friend, family member, business associates), but it does what i need to do. and is always in my suitcase. (however it literally every time i get searched). bastards.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's actually a small "u" that means micro, normally it is followed by a capital letter of whatever is being tested....Volts, Amps.
Amp is short for ampere, which measures the electrical current, which is electrical charges per second, much like a water meter measures gallons per second.
Volts measure electrical pressure, which is like pressure.
If you have a iOS device, Peavey's ampkit dongle and app are just as good as any practice amp I've played. The dongle is only $15, and the app is free. The ampkit works with IK Multimedia's Amplitube app as well (also free).