Guys,

I'm in market for a tele, budget max £300 used, now I've had american teles before but I can't stretch that far for now,

I've played a few of the new chinese CV teles and loved them, but I keep seeing silver series/japanese 90s squiers popping up for around the same price used..

Now, in your collective wisdom, is there a way of weighing up the pros/cons of each? What would be the best value?

Cheers!
can't you score a nice used MIJ fender for that?

(i am not a squier hater by any means, it just seems a mij fender would be in budget).
Yeah I agree with Gregs. For that budget, you could get a used Fender fairly easily.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
There is no difference between MIJ fender strats and MIJ squiers. However, the new squiers are complete crap and cannot be compared to MIJ squiers. Prices on the 80's MIJ guitars have gone up but, the guitar market is pretty poor right now which opens a door to buying these MIJ gems easier. Chinese guitars are no comparison to the Japs. Go with a MIJ guitar. I own three MIJ 86-88 Squiers and they're phenomenal. I've compared them to the new Fender strats and the difference is subtle. Both have great action but I still like the way the 80's Squiers feel over the new Fenders. You have to realize that Squier back in the 80's was still closely associated with Fender. Now, Squier is completely different. Guys that have never played MIJ Squiers will always tell you to go with the new Fenders because they constantly associate the name with today's quality of Squier. Huge difference.

Edit: Just sayin', keep your eye out for the MIJ guitars, because they are, for the most part, highly desirable. Early 90's Korean guitars are becoming that way too.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by Dimarzio45
There is no difference between MIJ fender strats and MIJ squiers. However, the new squiers are complete crap and cannot be compared to MIJ squiers. Prices on the 80's MIJ guitars have gone up but, the guitar market is pretty poor right now which opens a door to buying these MIJ gems easier. Chinese guitars are no comparison to the Japs. Go with a MIJ guitar. I own three MIJ 86-88 Squiers and they're phenomenal. I've compared them to the new Fender strats and the difference is subtle. Both have great action but I still like the way the 80's Squiers feel over the new Fenders. You have to realize that Squier back in the 80's was still closely associated with Fender. Now, Squier is completely different. Guys that have never played MIJ Squiers will always tell you to go with the new Fenders because they constantly associate the name with today's quality of Squier. Huge difference.

Edit: Just sayin', keep your eye out for the MIJ guitars, because they are, for the most part, highly desirable. Early 90's Korean guitars are becoming that way too.

No, just no. Squier is at their highest quality since the MIJ's and are extremely consistent in their level of quality. Even the build quality of the affinities has gone way up in recent years. The vast majority of users on all the big fender/squier forums (tdpri, strat-talk, and squier-talk) agree on this.
Last edited by tukk04 at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by ihartfood
G&L Tribute man. or CV Tele.

This man knows his shit. G&Ls are excellent guitars at all their price levels.
Quote by tukk04
No, just no. Squier is at their highest quality since the MIJ's and are extremely consistent in their level of quality. Even the build quality of the affinities has gone way up in recent years. The vast majority of users on all the big fender/squier forums (tdpri, strat-talk, and squier-talk) agree on this.

Good. Save the good guitars for others. The new Squiers feel so cheap and chinsy. Especially the necks. Pickups are subpar. I guess some of them might be good for the money. But there's no comparing Affinity series Squiers with MIJ 80's strats. To compare the two is just asinine. But, that's my opinion. Don't be offended.
Quote by ihartfood
G&L Tribute man. or CV Tele.
G and L guitars are pretty superb.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Good. Save the good guitars for others. The new Squiers feel so cheap and chinsy. Especially the necks. Pickups are subpar. I guess some of them might be good for the money. But there's no comparing Affinity series Squiers with MIJ 80's strats. To compare the two is just asinine. But, that's my opinion. Don't be offended.
G and L guitars are pretty superb.

I wasn't saying the new ones are better, just that they are far from garbage. The MIJ's would be more like the equivalent of the most expensive squiers today and they would still be better because they were basically rebranded fenders.
Last edited by tukk04 at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by tukk04
I wasn't saying the new ones are better, just that they are far from garbage. The MIJ's would be more like the equivalent of the most expensive squiers today and they would still be better because they were basically rebranded fenders.

Well, it's good to know they've stepped up their quality. I remember a friend of mine years ago had bought an Affinity series (I think it was made in Guatemala), I was shocked by the day-and-night difference his and my MIJ Squier. But, yeah, it's exactly as you put it, they are rebranded Fenders. The thing is, if you're into buying/collecting vintage guitars they go at a somewhat decent price. However, you can buy a brand new standard Fender strat for about the same money. I guess it all depends on what you prefer; new or vintage. The one difference I noticed with the new Fenders and the MIJ Fenders/Squiers is the fretboard- seems a bit different. Not in a bad way though.... okay I'll stop ranting.
Japanese Fenders beat the piss out of everything out of China or Korea. I haven't touched one that I didn't love.
I actually have a 96 Squire Protone Tele that is as good as most sub $1000(new) fenders. They were only made for 1 or 2 yrs. Super nice guitar it even has a 2 piece ash body, most of the sub $1000 USA Fenders don't even have bodies that good. Used they still fetch $350+ which is pretty damn good for a Squier
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just because something is 'MIJ' does not mean it is better than today's MIC guitars. Most of the guitars made in Japan up until the early 90s were utter shite, using even worse plywood bodies and cheap electronics than is used in MIK and MIC stuff now. MIJ is good now. Once-upon-a-time, MIJ was where all the budget, beginner import stuff came from. We're not talking about MIJ Fender either, but MIJ Squier; there's no quality wood to be seen. It's taken many decades for MIJ to come up to the top quality standard it is now. We're starting to see MIK hit that same stride (when the factories are given decent enough materials to work with, of course) and MIC, MIV and MII guitars are now sat around the same quality that MIK stuff was ten years ago and MIJ was twenty years ago.

There's also the simple fact that your choice of second hand MIJ Squiers is limited and who knows what condition they're going to be in. When you're talking about a brand new MIj guitar and a brand new MIC guitar, sure, MIJ is always, without a shadow of doubt, better. But when you're looking at a 20-30-year-old MIJ against a brand new MIC, it's a much tougher call.

To that end, £300 can get you a second hand MIM Fender in decent (though perhaps not mint) condition. It also gets you a second hand CV Squier with money to spare. It may get you a second hand G&L if you come across a lucky find on eBay; really you need an extra couple of hundred to get a G&L.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by W4RP1G
Japanese Fenders beat the piss out of everything out of China or Korea. I haven't touched one that I didn't love.

Nod of total agreement .gif

I've got about 50 some-odd MIJ guitars and, really, only a few are poor quality (and it's mainly to blame on the pickups). I've got some early 90's Korean guitars that are pretty badass too though. But, in the spectrum of Korean guitars that I've played, most of them were not worth buying and weren't as promising as Japanese made ones. The Matsumoku factory cranked out a lot of good stuff back in the day...

Edit: My only huge beef with most 80's MIJ guitars are the floyd rose systems (other than the MIJ Ibanez edge 1 system)...Most of the time the pockets are not cut out enough and the posts were poorly designed with a very small pivot point. Most of them included Bendmasters which, I don't know, I've never been a huge fan of. They were never as responsive or sensitive enough for me compared to the Edge 1 that came equipped on the MIJ Ibanez. Those Edge 1's go for a pretty penny too.
Quote by MrFlibble
Just because something is 'MIJ' does not mean it is better than today's MIC guitars. Most of the guitars made in Japan up until the early 90s were utter shite, using even worse plywood bodies and cheap electronics than is used in MIK and MIC stuff now.....

I disagree somewhat. If anything, the electronics in MIJ guitars, with many, are far superior to MIC guitars. I'm talking about electronics that go back to the early 70's too. If anything, these guitars that are MIC are modeling themselves after MIJ. However, I'm not saying all MIJ guitars are pure, utter, gold.

Edit: Plus, what makes you think MIC guitars are using such better woods? They are the country of cheap-quality products. A nice lookin' veneer, for the most part, doesn't matter past the appearance factor.
That's just bordering on racism.

What materials a factory gets to work with is down to what the owners of the brand are willing to budget for and supply them with. A factory in China is not physically incapable of working with quality wood, the country does not have a ban on nice mahogany or lightweight ash or whatever. It's simply a case of Squier (or whatever brand you care to name) deciding that they need the guitar to be built within a budget of [X] and that means the woods can only cost [Y]. It was the same in Japan 'til the early 90s, it was the same with Korean factories until about 2004 or so and it's the same with Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian and Indonesian factories now. As each area does more business the brands will rely on them more, be willing to put more money into them, the quality of the base materials goes up and whad'dya know, in another ten years Chinese guitars will be considered to be very good and it'll be Poland or Africa or god-knows-where that is the new import.

It's not the countries being cheap, per se, it is the brands that commission the products to a particular price point.

There are lots of legitimate complaints one can have with China as a country (I for one will not purchase a product made in China as long as they continue to uphold their horrific human rights standards) but to label a product as being cheap inherently because of the country of origin is really, really misguided.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
That's just bordering on racism.

What materials a factory gets to work with is down to what the owners of the brand are willing to budget for and supply them with. A factory in China is not physically incapable of working with quality wood, the country does not have a ban on nice mahogany or lightweight ash or whatever. It's simply a case of Squier (or whatever brand you care to name) deciding that they need the guitar to be built within a budget of [X] and that means the woods can only cost [Y]. It was the same in Japan 'til the early 90s, it was the same with Korean factories until about 2004 or so and it's the same with Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian and Indonesian factories now. As each area does more business the brands will rely on them more, be willing to put more money into them, the quality of the base materials goes up and whad'dya know, in another ten years Chinese guitars will be considered to be very good and it'll be Poland or Africa or god-knows-where that is the new import.

It's not the countries being cheap, per se, it is the brands that commission the products to a particular price point.

There are lots of legitimate complaints one can have with China as a country (I for one will not purchase a product made in China as long as they continue to uphold their horrific human rights standards) but to label a product as being cheap inherently because of the country of origin is really, really misguided.

Good response, man. Seriously. I'm convinced by what you say. But, for now, Chinese guitars have a lot to prove, to me at least.

Edit: Except for the racism part. They do have that reputation of cheapness.
Quote by MrFlibble
Just because something is 'MIJ' does not mean it is better than today's MIC guitars. Most of the guitars made in Japan up until the early 90s were utter shite, using even worse plywood bodies and cheap electronics than is used in MIK and MIC stuff now. ...

The MIJ Squier JV and some SQ series guitars from the early '80s have some decent pricing now not just because they're collectable but also very playable and pretty solid.
Quote by Dimarzio45

Edit: Plus, what makes you think MIC guitars are using such better woods? They are the country of cheap-quality products. A nice lookin' veneer, for the most part, doesn't matter past the appearance factor.

I've been a MIC Squier CV Tele fanboy since it first came out.
Quote by Ippon

I will thoroughly look into these without a biased opinion. I, personally, think they've stepped up their game due to a lack of support from their previous models other than the MIJ models. OR because people like me have down-talked Squier for their previous models, which, they rightfully had comin'... They did have it comin' too. Some of their past models were such complete crap they had to rebuild their name somehow.

Edit: Sidenote: If you want to see some truly GREAT MIJ work, check out early-mid 70's Electra guitars: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1&_nkw=electra+guitar&_sacat=0&_from=R40
I haven't seen the guitar market at such a low since I was a kid. This could be a very bad sign (atleast for the US)...Because most of us in the US know we're going to crash hard. I hope the rest of the world is prepared for it since we're such an "economic superpower"....
Just because something is 'MIJ' does not mean it is better than today's MIC guitars. Most of the guitars made in Japan up until the early 90s were utter shite, using even worse plywood bodies and cheap electronics than is used in MIK and MIC stuff now. MIJ is good now.
you couldn't be more wrong and wrong.

wood that was sourced by many builders in japan in the 80s is far superior than what you get in MIK, MIC or MIM today.

dime sized pots and hair thin switches? that's better than the hefty pots from the 80s?

really?

Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
you couldn't be more wrong and wrong.

wood that was sourced by many builders in japan in the 80s is far superior than what you get in MIK, MIC or MIM today.

dime sized pots and hair thin switches? that's better than the hefty pots from the 80s?

really?

I definitely agree. MIJ paved the way for a standard of guitars that exist today. Many guitar companies alone came from the Matsumoku factory and their innovations - right along with Ibanez. After Westone guitars/Matsumoku, being the first to utilize CNC machining, many companies emerged from their breakthroughs. Samick and Dean being a couple of them....

Qualities of MIC guitars may have been stepped up, but they just about meet the quality of MIJ guitars which, China realized, was the standard of excellence (Other than Gibson, Fender, Carvin, Paul Reed Smith, etc...).
Quote by MrFlibble
Just because something is 'MIJ' does not mean it is better than today's MIC guitars. Most of the guitars made in Japan up until the early 90s were utter shite, using even worse plywood bodies and cheap electronics than is used in MIK and MIC stuff now.

Are you talking about MIJ 80s Squiers? Because I can't agree or disagree with you about that as I haven't played any. My statement earlier was referring to today's Japanese Fenders from the Tokai factory.

If your statement was about all MIJ guitars before the 90s, then I am compelled to tell you that you are wrong. There might have been a number of junk guitars made in Japan, but not all of them.

Also, Dimarzio45 didn't say anything even close to racism. Not even bordering on being somewhat questionable.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I've got about 50 some-odd MIJ guitars and, really, only a few are poor quality (and it's mainly to blame on the pickups).

Pics?
Quote by Ippon

I have one from the first year and it never lets me down tone or stability-wise, it had a great fretjob, neck, and pups straight from the factory. It has only needed a setup (though that goes for most new out-of-box guitars) and I haven't swapped out any parts and don't plan on it. It flat out whups my strat with a duncan p-rails in the bridge and a texas special neck SC, and those are some excellent pickups too.
Last edited by tukk04 at Apr 3, 2013,
Quote by tukk04
Pics?

I have one from the first year and it never lets me down tone or stability-wise, it had a great fretjob, neck, and pups straight from the factory. It has only needed a setup (though that goes for most new out-of-box guitars) and I haven't swapped out any parts and don't plan on it. It flat out whups my strat with a duncan p-rails in the bridge and a texas special neck SC, and those are some excellent pickups too.

I would post some but I don't even have a camera- or a phone with a camera. I'll hopefully post some soon. I'm still pretty new to this site. Most of them are Westone guitars. Have you ever heard of them/tried one out? My dad and I have been collecting them for quite some time now.

Edit: I know, you probably don't believe me now.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I would post some but I don't even have a camera- or a phone with a camera. I'll hopefully post some soon. I'm still pretty new to this site. Most of them are Westone guitars. Have you ever heard of them/tried one out? My dad and I have been collecting them for quite some time now.

Edit: I know, you probably don't believe me now.

No but I'll definitely look into them, it's always interesting to hear about old guitar companies.

And considering that your first response was not to be defensive (a clear sign of lying) and you said your dad was involved I could see 2 people collecting 50 guitars over the years entirely believable.

I've only been playing about six years, and already have 5 electrics, an acoustic, a 5 string bass, and a lapsteel, so I'd bet on your claim being true; instruments seem to amass intentionally or not. Speaking of that, I think I need to update my count on my profile.
Last edited by tukk04 at Apr 3, 2013,
Quote by tukk04
No but I'll definitely look into them, it's always interesting to hear about old guitar companies.

And considering that your first response was not to be defensive (a clear sign of lying) and you said your dad was involved I could see 2 people collecting 50 guitars over the years entirely believable.

I've only been playing about six years, and already have 5 electrics, an acoustic, a 5 string bass, and a lapsteel, so I'd bet on your claim being true; instruments seem to amass intentionally or not. Speaking of that, I think I need to update my count on my profile.

Yeah they start stackin' up pretty quick. I just wish I could have invested a little bit more into stompboxes rather than guitars. That seems to have become my new focus.
so the opinion is pretty mixed!

when I mentioned squier at the start of the threat, I meant over the CV (classic vibe) stuff, which really is very similarly priced 'new' to MIM stuff these days.

I can't say I see too much Fender MIJ on the used market in budget?

Squier MIJ is rare but often under £300... so would the consensus be that these late 80s jap squiers are the ones to go for?

I had a USA std tele for years and liked it alot, however playing a CV squier tele was a surprise for me, neck wasn't perfect but very playable and stable, it felt solid?

just so you guys remember, i'm in the UK (london), so prices might be completely different?
Quote by daverichards
so the opinion is pretty mixed!

when I mentioned squier at the start of the threat, I meant over the CV (classic vibe) stuff, which really is very similarly priced 'new' to MIM stuff these days.

I can't say I see too much Fender MIJ on the used market in budget?

Squier MIJ is rare but often under £300... so would the consensus be that these late 80s jap squiers are the ones to go for?

I had a USA std tele for years and liked it alot, however playing a CV squier tele was a surprise for me, neck wasn't perfect but very playable and stable, it felt solid?

just so you guys remember, i'm in the UK (london), so prices might be completely different?

I would just suggest to go out and try both and see what you like the most. If the topic was so definitive on guitars, everyone would be playing the same guitar. The MIJ strats you'll be able to find on Ebay. I've rarely seen them for 300 (euros)...here in the US they go for, on average, $400-$500. You can occasionally catch an auction where someone clearly just needs to sell it quickly and has a low "buy it now" option. But, like I said, go out and try both, if you can find them.
i've got a few i'm stalking on the bay, my question is about the early 90s jap squier teles,
there was a '91' silver series' squier tele which went for £210 recently, now was this a price to go for? condition wise it looks tidy enough, nothing significant on body/neck..

also was another '93/94 silver series' squier tele went for £180, again in pretty good condition

are the early-mid 90s examples the ones to go for? i know theres alot of love for the 80s japanese squier stuff..

finally, i've found a 90s 'pro-tone series' tele, again a jap squier, this has a s/h configuration..

am i looking at the right teles here!
Quote by daverichards
i've got a few i'm stalking on the bay, my question is about the early 90s jap squier teles,
there was a '91' silver series' squier tele which went for £210 recently, now was this a price to go for? condition wise it looks tidy enough, nothing significant on body/neck..

also was another '93/94 silver series' squier tele went for £180, again in pretty good condition

are the early-mid 90s examples the ones to go for? i know theres alot of love for the 80s japanese squier stuff..

finally, i've found a 90s 'pro-tone series' tele, again a jap squier, this has a s/h configuration..

am i looking at the right teles here!

yeah that's the good stuff to look at. the japanese re-issues are the ones that will tend to command the most on the used market. so a run of the mill 90's japanese made tele/strat should easily fall within your budget.

ive had a couple of the fuji-gen strats, they can be had here for $400-450 pretty easily. at least on this side of the pond. fuji-gen is the builder that made the guitars for fender in the 80s there.

another good place to look is forum classifieds.

also, keep in mind that there are plenty of brands aside "fender" that were manufactured in japan in the 80s and up through today. They painstakingly replicate strats and teles using great woods, Greco, Tokai, Bacchus, Burny/Fernandes, Aria Pro ii.

here's a couple old strats i had shipped from japan last month. both are Aria Pro ii guitars.
one has an ash body and the other has an alder body. i ended up keeping the alder body with maple board and selling the ash body with rosewood.

being limited to ebay is fine though, there are some good sellers to work with if you look around.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 5, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
yeah that's the good stuff to look at. the japanese re-issues are the ones that will tend to command the most on the used market. so a run of the mill 90's japanese made tele/strat should easily fall within your budget.

ive had a couple of the fuji-gen strats, they can be had here for $400-450 pretty easily. at least on this side of the pond. fuji-gen is the builder that made the guitars for fender in the 80s there.

another good place to look is forum classifieds.

also, keep in mind that there are plenty of brands aside "fender" that were manufactured in japan in the 80s and up through today. They painstakingly replicate strats and teles using great woods, Greco, Tokai, Bacchus, Burny/Fernandes, Aria Pro ii.

here's a couple old strats i had shipped from japan last month. both are Aria Pro ii guitars.
one has an ash body and the other has an alder body. i ended up keeping the alder body with maple board and selling the ash body with rosewood.

being limited to ebay is fine though, there are some good sellers to work with if you look around.

I'm definitely not limiting myself to ebay, if anything i'd prefer to buy elsewhere (from experience). I've done a bit of digging around on this pro tone and it has some rave reviews, anybody had one or played one?

Ideally I'm only looking for a tele (been through strat phases and still can't stick on them...). Aside from the fender/squier jap teles, what other brands would come under my budget? I've played many tokai LPs and loved them.. do they make a tele in this budget?

My concern about buying from the 80s is whether the electronics, frets & neck will be past their best or not.. I really haven't got the extra cash to fund a fret job!
Quote by daverichards
I'm definitely not limiting myself to ebay, if anything i'd prefer to buy elsewhere (from experience).

I've played many tokai LPs and loved them.. do they make a tele in this budget?

My concern about buying from the 80s is whether the electronics, frets & neck will be past their best or not.. I really haven't got the extra cash to fund a fret job!

agreed on the bay, but there are a couple guys i'd work with for a used mij tele.

the 84-85 tokai te-50 i had was sweet. i scored it from japan for about what you are spending. it was a 50's reissue, and a good one.

that and my tokai LP had almost no fretwear to speak of.

but that's the thing, you need someone there that will make sure the guitar is worth buying.

the guy i had check out my V and basically buy it on my behalf charged me roughly $60 to do that. but that included the packing, a stupidly good pack job actually. but he went to the store and physically made sure there wasn't any fretwear and that it worked well etc.
that's what he does for people. look up tokyoguitarsafari. he's a popular ebay seller as well.

digimart.net is the search site i used to find it in the store in japan. you can search by tele guitars and limit it to tokai, bacchus, greco, fernandez etc.
Quote by gregs1020
agreed on the bay, but there are a couple guys i'd work with for a used mij tele.

the 84-85 tokai te-50 i had was sweet. i scored it from japan for about what you are spending. it was a 50's reissue, and a good one.

that and my tokai LP had almost no fretwear to speak of.

but that's the thing, you need someone there that will make sure the guitar is worth buying.

the guy i had check out my V and basically buy it on my behalf charged me roughly $60 to do that. but that included the packing, a stupidly good pack job actually. but he went to the store and physically made sure there wasn't any fretwear and that it worked well etc.
that's what he does for people. look up tokyoguitarsafari. he's a popular ebay seller as well.

digimart.net is the search site i used to find it in the store in japan. you can search by tele guitars and limit it to tokai, bacchus, greco, fernandez etc.

that tokai tele looks sweet, i'll definitely look into it

i am a bit nervous about buying 'blind' though, apart from the tokai, any other brands to be aware of?
apologies for double post, their's a 'TTE50' for sale on the UK bay, starting at £365, with tweed hardcase.

is this a typo or are the TTE50s different ?
^ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-TTE50-Telecaster-Candy-Apple-Red-With-Tweed-Case-Accessories-/230956040654?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35c60d81ce

this one? I think that's a newer model, but i think it's legit (don't quote me on that, though, I only took a cursory look at it). it looks very similar to the one that rockem music is also selling (new) on ebay currently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by daverichards
apologies for double post, their's a 'TTE50' for sale on the UK bay, starting at £365, with tweed hardcase.

is this a typo or are the TTE50s different ?

tte 50 is a model number. it means the guitar sells for 50,000 yen.

if that's a mij one yeah i'd say it's a nice guitar. shame about the "F" logo but some people may prefer that. i'm happy to play tokai, bacchus, aria whatever. people are pretty set with the "F" and "G". so that may or may not take a bit more off the price.

i can't comment on your pricing, i'm just not as familiar. but if that was in USD, i'd probably see that sell for around $400-450 used. but our markets are vastly different.

it's always best to buy from sellers that offer refunds like that guy does imo. good call there.

but if that's a MIJ tte-50 it's a nice guitar for sure. i'd put it over the average mim tele and closer to the MIA stuff. but that's me, others will disagree.
Quote by gregs1020
tte 50 is a model number. it means the guitar sells for 50,000 yen.

if that's a mij one yeah i'd say it's a nice guitar. shame about the "F" logo but some people may prefer that. i'm happy to play tokai, bacchus, aria whatever. people are pretty set with the "F" and "G". so that may or may not take a bit more off the price.

i can't comment on your pricing, i'm just not as familiar. but if that was in USD, i'd probably see that sell for around $400-450 used. but our markets are vastly different.

it's always best to buy from sellers that offer refunds like that guy does imo. good call there.

but if that's a MIJ tte-50 it's a nice guitar for sure. i'd put it over the average mim tele and closer to the MIA stuff. but that's me, others will disagree.

thanks for the advice, i'll keep an eye out but hoping to get something a little cheaper than the price these 'TTE50' are going for