Very nice! I enjoyed it. But maybe you used a bit too much gain on this one; or you need a bit more bass, one of the two xD. But who am I to judge, I don't know the song very well, I just compared yours to the song and other covers ^^

+1 Like

Anyway keep on rocking! It's very good Don't be afraid to check out my songs ^^
Last edited by KelbeyW at Apr 2, 2013,
Needs work buddy. The tone is kinda shrill, in the chorus your playing a chord that doesn't belong, and you overused the pinch harmonics. You got potential just gotta practice practice practice, kudos for attempting such a difficult song. What you do show is energy while you're playing, looks like your having fun and that's very important!

Check out my cover of the same song at band practice

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1590474

Mine is by no means a faithful rendition of Randy s style as I'm not at that level of guitar playing. But check it out I'm singing too.
Last edited by Big bang theory at Apr 2, 2013,
Thanks for the feedback so far.
@KelbeyW: Nice fade to black cover. What's the name of the guitar you used?
@Big bang theory: Yeah I know I'm a bit like Zakk Wylde when it comes to pinched harmonics. But thanks anyway.
Yeah I know you were channeling Zakk Wylde with the pinched harmonics, but imho he uses it too much as well but he can get away with that cause his technique is flawless. But anyway cheers on learning and posting that song. Did u check out my video?
Quote by Big bang theory
Yeah I know you were channeling Zakk Wylde with the pinched harmonics, but imho he uses it too much as well but he can get away with that cause his technique is flawless. But anyway cheers on learning and posting that song. Did u check out my video?

Yes, I actually remember watching it a few weeks ago. Well Done
The chords in the chorus are wrong. They should be A and E instead of D and A.

Also the verse riff is a bit off. The chords are A, E and D. You are only playing A and D.

And your fingerings look awkward in the main riff. The last four notes in the riff... You aren't using pinky and that just looks uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with that though but I would try to use my pinky when playing that. It's a lot easier to do it that way and you don't need to move your hand.

Don't take this as an insult, I think it was pretty decent cover all in all. Just practice a bit more and it will be perfect.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The chords in the chorus are wrong. They should be A and E instead of D and A.

Also the verse riff is a bit off. The chords are A, E and D. You are only playing A and D.

And your fingerings look awkward in the main riff. The last four notes in the riff... You aren't using pinky and that just looks uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with that though but I would try to use my pinky when playing that. It's a lot easier to do it that way and you don't need to move your hand.

Don't take this as an insult, I think it was pretty decent cover all in all. Just practice a bit more and it will be perfect.

Thanks
The open strings in the verse are semiquavers and not quavers, I feel you left the challenging fills out of the choruses as the song progressed, and in the solo, there were several mistakes. First, the first phrase is double tapped, the trills are played legato at double speed, and some of your other phrases are a little off. The final run is also a three note per string pattern as I remember, and I think you need to include it, because your little finger is tucked away for a lot of the song, which, to me, suggests that it's a bit weak, so work on strengthening it, so you can be capable of the more challenging parts of this piece.