I picked up my G212 vintage today, and i'm wondering about something, it has options for 16ohms with 1 speaker. 1 speaker is 60w and my amp is 120w, does that matter in anyway?

I'm sure it's a noob question but I obviously don't want to ruin my amp, is there any advantage to running 1 speaker rather than two?
The only real benefit to that option is if you wanted to run the cab in stereo. I wouldn't risk running a 120 watt amp into 1 - 60 watt speaker. You really need to just focus on mono operation utilizing both speakers.

So you have 2 - 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel for a total load of 8 ohms. I know that may seem counter-intuitive but that's the way it works when speakers are wired in parallel. Set your amp to 8 as well.

Here are the specs on that cab (which would have been helpful for the OP)

Harley Benton G212 Vintage

Harley Benton G212 Vintage guitar cabinet - 2x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 thomann speakers, 120watts/8ohm, 2x 60watts/16ohm, mono/stereo (switchable). Manufactured from 16mm plywood, black Tolex trim strip. Dimensions: 520 x 742 x 300mm. Weight: 25kg, dust cover option (# 270251)
Yeah just been running it at 8 into the cab also set to 8 ohms to match.

Was just wondering if 16ohms for 1 speaker would have any advantage maybe for bedroom use? but was unsure