So I am looking to get a new guitar, a Telecaster. I own a Gibson les Paul studio and explorer. I feel like a newb again though, I'd always written off fender as not for me because I hate the way a stratocaster feels in my hands. I'd always just assumed a tele would be almost identical but I was very wrong! Tried a few teles a month or so ago while hanging out at guitar center and I fell in love! I tried a few different ones, I was just grabbing them off the shelf at random but I remembered they ranged from like 400 to 1400 in price. I liked all of them though but there are so many different models I'm havin trouble narrowing it down. My budget is about 800 but can stretch if need be (rather keep it around 600 though). I play mostly reggae and low to medium gain rock and some blues. Thanks!
Last edited by Klonoa87 at Apr 2, 2013,
If you're looking at Fenders, then at the $800 (USD, I presume?), you'd be looking at an American Special Telecaster, or a high end Mexican, like the Classic series.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Rooster suggesting G&Ls? Say it ain't so! Its hard to beat Fender on Teles, but G&L is probably the brand that does it. I could suggest brands like Tradition or a host of others but without knowing more...

Klonoa87, where are you located and what currency is your "800"? Are you willing to go used?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sorry I left out some info. That's 800 US dollars. I'm willing to go used (usually do for amps) but when it comes to guitars I'd prefer new. I'm in Florida, equidistant from Orlando and westpalm.
Then I think the other 2 have you covered unless you're looking for something unusual in a Tele.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!