Hey guys,

Been a while since I have had a NGD. Here goes!

So here she is! A 2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic in Creme. Some of you may know the deal on these, its a LP with all the Custom looks, except its obviously of lower quality. Still an awesome guitar. Has the baked maple fretboard instead of a rosewood or ebony. Still sounds awesome though.

This has a the 57 classic pups in it, and they sound great. I cranked it through my AC15 today and its easily the best sounding guitar I have played (Haven't playied a ton of high end guitars). Its really sweet.

I got it used for a pretty sweet deal on another forum. Thing is pretty much like new.

Now on to the fret board. A lot of people were hesitant to buy one of these due to the fretboards being maple and not the other ones. Yes, the color is a little lighter, and the tone brighter, but it still sounds great.

Here is a side by side of what the maple looks like. The left side of it has the fret oiled up with some lemon oil, and the right has its original look.

All in all a great guitar for a great price! Let me know if you guys have any questions!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Nice! HNGD!

It doesn't look so bad when it's lubricated like that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hngd
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I Love It!!!!!! Are there any other specs that set this apart from other Les Paul Customs besides the fretboard? I see all the binding and the 3or5 ply pickguard, the inlay........... I have been thinking about getting one of these (same color) for at least a year and have not done it. Should I keep saving for an expensive Custom? I don't want "good enough". I have to say, this guitar is just as beautiful.
HNGD!

Hold on to that one dude. They don't make the Baked Maple models anymore and they are going for some pretty crazy prices online. Those will be worth a shit ton of money in a few years.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by dimarzio77
I Love It!!!!!! Are there any other specs that set this apart from other Les Paul Customs besides the fretboard? I see all the binding and the 3or5 ply pickguard, the inlay........... I have been thinking about getting one of these (same color) for at least a year and have not done it. Should I keep saving for an expensive Custom? I don't want "good enough". I have to say, this guitar is just as beautiful.

Can't say for sure, but I think they are similar..ish, haha. This guy doesn't have the binding on the back of the guitar like Customs.

Looks like the Customs have the 498 set in them instead of the 57s. Aside from those I will be honest I am not sure the differences between the two. This is a rockin guitar though.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Lovely. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
For those asking: I bought this used off of a guy on The Gear Page.

I know Musicians Friend was selling them, not sure if they still are, but I know they are discontinued. I paid $1375 for mine, used. I think they were 1,800 new.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Love it.

And who cares if the board is maple? I prefer maple to rosewood. But ebony trumps all.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
And bowling ball resin trumps the lot.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
And bowling ball resin trumps the lot.

HNGD

yea yea yea, Mr. Steinberger.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The fingerboard on the original Steinies does feel sensational. It's a shame it never took off. Guitarists can be such a conservative bunch.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 2, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
The fingerboard on the original Steinies does feel sensational. It's a shame it never took off. Guitarists can be such a conservative bunch.

Hey, part of the reason I love ebony is because it's similar to a bowling ball feel. I'd try it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'd like to try one of the new Gibsons with the synthetic fingerboards. The Ace Frehley replica has it. I've never seen one in the flesh.

I used to jump between a Steinberger and the Gilchrist which has awesome ebony (the banned type). There's a pretty big difference.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ippon, that's because Cath and I have probably had this discussion before.

Cath, I love the ebony board on my '96 Studio. I wonder if that's the banned stuff. Doubtful.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Very cool looking Lester

Never saw one in this colour before.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If not then me and a ton of LP CC owners have royally messed up
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by harrisonatsix
I swear lemon oil is not meant to be used on maple fretboards?

It's fine on baked maple.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Nice grab, I want one *Hacking OP's account to find his IP adderess*
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Those classics are pretty nice. I've only ever played one in the store that was setup pretty badly from Gibson, but hey, sounded decent.

Good stuff.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Nice LP... I have one in antique natural. Careful not to scratch the fretboard because it'll stick out like a sore thumb... damnit. lol

I put a Babicz bridge on mine; seemed to really open the midrange up on overdriven open chords (a lot more detailed it seems) but took some of the low-end Les Paul "growl" away. Didn't improve the sustain any, but then, it didn't need improvement to begin with.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Thanks everyone I'm loving it!

Got to blast it through my AC15 and it sounded great. Anyone have any reccomendation a for a lock I can use on the case?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
gorgeous guitar!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.