Alright, so I picked up a pretty much mint Ibanez RG1570-MRR made in 2007 with a tremol-no and a Crunch Lab for 700 bucks and I love it. Plays excellently and it's built like a rock. A few tiny scratches that you can only see in certain lighting conditions, but other than that, it's been incredible (plays better than my S prestige I paid more for) and is more guitar than I paid for it, especially from guitar center with a return policy and coverage.

That said... I'm still within the return policy for it and, as such, my GAS has been acting up with me second guessing myself (even though I shouldn't be) and looking around for other guitars. An RG3120 caught my eye on craigslist today and I've heard nothing but good things about them (like how they're one of the best guitars Ibanez has put out). It's a 2001 model and looks to be in great shape. Guy's asking 700 for it...

So here's my issue. Do I just keep the RG1570-MRR or am I overthinking/GASing for something that's not much better? Are the 3120's that good or am I just falling for a nice looking top on an instrument no nicer to play than my RG1570?
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
If you love a guitar then you've made a good purchase.

If you play the new one and it's better or just as good to you but it's worth more, then I'd say go for it.

There's nothing wrong with at least trying it, right?!

I'll always try and trade up.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
If you love a guitar then you've made a good purchase.

If you play the new one and it's better or just as good to you but it's worth more, then I'd say go for it.

There's nothing wrong with at least trying it, right?!

I'll always try and trade up.

That's true, it's just that this particular one is about a 2 hour ride away and I wasn't sure what to think about the 3120 at that price.
Taylor 214CE

3120 all the way.... 1/2 Piece Mahogany body, Maple Cap, older Prestige Profile, Tone zone and a PAF Pro and the Original Lo-Pro Edge bridge.

Though that only stands for the older ones so the 2001 one, if its a 2003.... Eh its still a good guitar but the 01 model comes with the specs mentioned above.

Its far superior to the 1570 in every way.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 2, 2013,
In the last 18 months I've traded up from a Epiphone LP to a Gibson LP Tradition and a Fender 56 AVRI Strat.

Do it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Tom 1.0
3120 all the way.... 1/2 Piece Mahogany body, Maple Cap, older Prestige Profile, Tone zone and a PAF Pro and the Original Lo-Pro Edge bridge.

Though that only stands for the older ones so the 2001 one, if its a 2003.... Eh its still a good guitar but the 01 model comes with the specs mentioned above.

Its far superior to the 1570 in every way.

It's an 2001 model yeah
Taylor 214CE

Do it.

Do it now.

I only regret selling one Ibanez guitar and that was my Ibanez RG3270 of similar vintage.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Do it.

Do it now.

I only regret selling one Ibanez guitar and that was my Ibanez RG3270 of similar vintage.

I just messaged the seller for more pictures of it and such. It's the blue one and I've heard they're more common, but I honestly think it's the nicest finish for the 3120. I'm gonna see if it's in good shape, not messed up in any way, and see if it's worth a 2 hour trip just to play

EDIT: Nooooo! Too late, it sold apparently... oh well, you win some you lose some!

I guess it wasn't meant to be... this 1570 must really want me to keep it
Taylor 214CE

Last edited by Krauser at Apr 2, 2013,