Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
We all need one of these once in a while, all our ridiculous low end fantasies.

So ITT name that one bass that you're drooling over, the amp you want to play it through and the one pedal missing from your board!

PICTURES AND IN DEPTH SPECS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Apr 2, 2013,
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
I loooooove these threads.

Here we go:
Steinberger L2, all stock, black. That's my number 1, probably always will be.

EBMM Sabre Classic: diego blue with a Status Graphite neck to make a modern version of a Cutlass II (since they're so damned hard to find and expensive).

Modulus Funk Unlimited, single MM humbucker, all stealthed out. No idea why but I've really been digging the stealth thing lately.

G&L ASAT: the normal 1.5" nut width option, gloss maple neck with maple fingerboard (vintage tint), in either butterscotch, belair green, or blue metal flake finish.

G&L L2000: unsure on the finish since there's a lot of sweet ones. Either rosewood or maple fretboard would be fine. Satin neck finish is ok, but as always glossy is prefered.

Peavey G Bass, preferably in white or red, but I could dig the more common black sparkle if that's what came my way. A nice economical substitute for the Mod FU.

Spector NS2-JAR in either white or black. I could use a Jazz flavor in my arsenal, but I don't care for the offset Jazz body, and I love love love the NS body design.

NS Design Radius 5 fretless. Either the Czech version or the US Custom Shop version would be cool, they're just so ****ing awesome.

Dingwall Combustion or ABI. Unsure on the finish, preferably the candy tangerine w/ matching headstock if it were a Combustion, and replace that EMG BT pre with a Glockenklang.

Ibanez 1993 SR1306, to have a boss 6 string.

Zon Ray Riendeau signature Mosaic, flat black Mosaic with a graphite neck. Bad. Ass.

Fender CIJ Mustang RI. Wanted one forever, still want one.

Fender Pawn Shop Mustang. Either white with blue competition stripe or red with white. Just cause they're awesomesauce too.

Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
My absolute GAS list is...

Basses-
Sandberg California VM5
(Invalid img)

NECK canadian hardrock maple
FRETBOARD 22 frets
SCALE 889 mm / 35" for 5-string
BODY OPTIONS swamp ash
FINISH OPTIONS Violet or Blackburst
HARDWARE sandberg
PICKUP 1 sandberg splitcoil / 1 sandberg powerhumbucker
PREAMP sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control

Clover Xpression XP15.6 mahogany/am. walnut

specs

Ibanez BTB676M-Delano pickups and Glockenklang preamp

Warwick Streamer $$ 5 string- Delano pups and Glockenklang preamp

Amps-
Glockenklang Heart-Rock II with 6-Box 6x10 cab

Glockenklang Soul II with Bergantino HD410

(Invalid img)

Genz-Benz Streamliner 600 with DNA DNS-410

Effects
Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine
Electro Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress
Earthquaker Devices Sea Machine Chorus Pedal
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Apr 2, 2013,
Black Ox
Registered Abuser
991 IQ
I will most likely get this someday.

Neck-Thru-Body Construction
34” Scale
Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
5 Pc Maple/Walnut Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
42mm Standard Nut
Extra Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Satin Hardware
Hipshot Tuners
Hipshot “A” Style Bridge w/ String-Thru-Body
EMG 35-TW (B) / 35P-4 (N) Active p.u.
EMG B64 3-Band Active EQ
Finish: NS (Natural Satin)

The fact that this one would be a blast to play and is fairly cheap only makes the GAS worse.

I'd love to try on of these amps as well.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ

To paraphrase Lou Reed, so nice you have to post it twice.

And I still want a black Precision. Badly.
Nutter_101
1,826 IQ
Streamer Stage I

(Invalid img)

Thumb SC

(Invalid img)

Triumph EUB

(Invalid img)

Eden WP100

Warwick Hellborg Preamp

(Invalid img)

Thunderfunk TFB800

I don't want to think about how much all of this will cost me...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
The Warwick Vampyre NT haunts my dreams...

Along with the Zon Hyperbass...

And the occasional Pedulla...

"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Sliide90027
368 IQ
Ibanez BTB 406 and 456 in Blue.

A Custom 6 strung Status (Hey Warwick! ~FLAME~)

Every BTB 405 406 455 and 456 I can get my hands on and get set up by Rick Asher in Knoxville.

Every BTB 1006 and 1005 I can get and made Fretless by Thor.

Digitech 2120

Genz Benz SM 6.0 x 2
GB NeoX 112T x3

Source Audio Env. Filter
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
ESP:

Peavey:

Mesa Boogie:

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Apr 6, 2013,
Spanner93
333 IQ
Status Kingbass mkII:

Specs

4-STRING THROUGH-NECK KINGBASS ARTIST Mk-II
CUSTOM 16.5mm STRING SPACING
CUSTOM FRONT AND SIDE BLUE LED's
Book-matched quilt maple facing
Wenge veneer, 2-piece alder back
High gloss lacquer
4-string woven graphite through-neck
Dual-action truss-rod
Standard 34" scale (864mm) fingerboard with 'slap-ramp'
Phenolic fingerboard, 24 frets
Custom front and side BLUE LED's
Gold hardware
Mono-rail bridge units
Custom 16.5mm string spacing
Status J / J hum-cancelling pickups
Status three-band E.Q. with variable midrange frequency
Master volume, pickup blend control
18 volt power supply

Ibanez Grooveline G104:

specs

Rickenbacker 4001: Yeah, we all know what a rickenbacker looks/sounds like.... Less said about it the better round here.

Amps:

Ampeg SVT-Classic with 6x10.

Ashdown Drophead

Specs:

Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Fishybones
.....Pudding?
297 IQ
Right now, I'm actually not GASsing bass gear to much.

That being said, I would LOVE to get my hands on a Music Man HD150

And a Fender Bassman Pro 610

(Invalid img)

And A Moog Taurus III

(Invalid img)

....And a Line6 M13

.....and a Rickenbacker 4003 in Mapleglo

(Invalid img)

Yeah......The thing about me not having bass-related GAS...
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster

Squier Vista Venus

Pro co Rat 2
Fulltone OCD
Boss DD7
Akai Headrush E2
EHX NYC Big Muff

Vox AC30cc1
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ

Fenderbackerman! Whack some decent pickups and pots in that, it's gonna be lovely.

I know it's ugly as sin, I like that.

Realistic GAS and very probably my next purchase. Youtube demos show it sounding just like the real deal and I'm perfectly capale of smoothing any rough edges in the construction.

I want one of these may more than the Prestige series, it looks better and sounds better.

They will be mine.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Spaz you must try every SR1406e in the UK to find the right one for you. Else face what the legion of disgruntled Ibanez fans has encountered in the last few months.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Oho? What have people found to be disgruntled?

(I'd only buy a second hand one anyway, £900 for a non CS bass is to rich for my blood.)
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Broken necks, body laminates peeling, stripped intonation screws, broken tuning machines, truss rods with adjustment left, dead pickups, overall stickiness to the finish, cracks in fretboard, cracks in body, broken nuts, and last but not least dead preamps.

Although Ibanez have stated that they'll send over their Japanese inspectors more often than what is currently scheduled.
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Jesus Christ, that's surprising. Every Ibanez I've ever played has been built flawlessly.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Oddly enough the standard series instruments get the same attention as the Premiums. Which is why I hate the over-inflated price of the Premiums.

Also the Premium series guitar don't have issues of their bass cousins. In fact they're almost at the quality of their Prestige cousins.
glass_satellite
bass player
12 IQ
Future GAS:

More realistic:

^ in black probably, although that one is very pretty

Amp:

Pedals:

*sigh*
Last edited by glass_satellite at Apr 6, 2013,
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by dark Mass
Broken necks, body laminates peeling, stripped intonation screws, broken tuning machines, truss rods with adjustment left, dead pickups, overall stickiness to the finish, cracks in fretboard, cracks in body, broken nuts, and last but not least dead preamps.

I've experienced some of those problems on regular SR's, mostly dead pre's, poorly cut or broken nuts, and neck issues (but I chalk a lot of those up to bad setups but sometimes those thin necks twist and warp).

I'm still GASing hard for an old 1306 or 886. The tight spacing and thin necks are more playable to me than most 6-ers, what with my short little baby fingers.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
. Played one of these again recently. Want. So. Bad. Just the best off all worlds Fender.

And on the Soundblox Bass Distortion that's a really solid pedal; I love mine. I also own that EB Volume pedal and its really rugged and great for the cost.
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Well, today i went to a bassist gathering and i got to play a Tobias, a Fodera NYC, an American Deluxe Jazz, some luthier made basses, and this was the best of them all:

Made from the (somewhat) world known argentinean luthier, Daniel Fernández. I haven't seen anything in my whole life that breathes exceptional work of art as this bass. Also, a whole experience to play. Everything tight and steady, and it just looks and feel soo nice!!
Definetly outstanding.

On more realistic gas, this:

I've been talking with this guys, and i may be able to buy a luthier made Stingray for almost the same price as one of this new (economics in Argentina are that weird, I know). Still, I have much to research yet.
Also, I would like a transportable 500W amp. Coulg be a Little Mark III or MB500 or Genz Benz Shuttle, or TC Electronics RH450, or something like that. That would be for later, as now I think it would be better to upgrade my bass once and for all (only owned entry level basses so far)...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Quote by Tostitos
I've experienced some of those problems on regular SR's, mostly dead pre's, poorly cut or broken nuts, and neck issues (but I chalk a lot of those up to bad setups but sometimes those thin necks twist and warp).

I'm still GASing hard for an old 1306 or 886. The tight spacing and thin necks are more playable to me than most 6-ers, what with my short little baby fingers.

Most of these basses are actually new and a right of the box without any setups at all.
glass_satellite
bass player
12 IQ
Quote by anarkee

And on the Soundblox Bass Distortion that's a really solid pedal; I love mine.

have you ever tinkered around with one of them fancy hot hand devices?

I've seen lots of youtubes and I'm intrigued, but I can't really figure out how useful it will be or if it's just something one would get tired of after the novelty's worn off.
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
I have the hot hand 3 along with the source audio bef. I have found ot useful for messing around in the studio doing a electronic project with my buddy and I do use it live in my band for four songs or so. Cool for flamenco strumming stuff, chords and melodic baselines to add a tremolo like effect to them. Definitely very fun to mess around with and I'm finding new practical applications for it all the time.
Sliide90027
368 IQ
Quote by dark Mass

Although Ibanez have stated that they'll send over their Japanese inspectors more often than what is currently scheduled.

Sounds like they need FEMA Inspectors.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
moody git
i probably won't commit
360 IQ

has just hit the top of my list. below that, there is just an assortment of pedals and amps etc etc
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
glass_satellite
bass player
12 IQ
^ for some reason, the dolphin body is one of the two warwicks I just cannot get into. that and the katana. there's just something about the profile of the two respective bodies that irks me.

I mean, that flat black with black accessories is sexy as all get out and I would love it if it were a corvette or a streamer but that dolphin... mrrrrr...

Quote by fudger
I have the hot hand 3 along with the source audio bef...

thanks for the info. it looks super cool in the Pinn Pannelle video and the various demos on the youtube, very interested to try one out for myself
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Warwick built the Vampyre and the Katana, so in my mind they can do no wrong.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
glass_satellite
bass player
12 IQ
Don't get me wrong, Warwick is arguably my favourite bass manufacturer. Just the dolphin (and katana)...

That^ vampyre is gorgeous.
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
Quote by glass_satellite

thanks for the info. it looks super cool in the Pinn Pannelle video and the various demos on the youtube, very interested to try one out for myself

Yeah no problem those videos are pretty cool if your into that kind of thing and it works great for that style. Though there are tons of different applications for it besides dub wobbles haha
moody git
i probably won't commit
360 IQ
i think the dolphin and the katana look best when they are being played. something about the angle that they are held has alot to do with their looks imo. how on earth did i forget the vampye? i had a rockbass - until the head snapped off - and it was a joy to play and look at, then warwick give you all the crazy awesome paint jobs PURPLE TORTOISESHELL GOOD LORD YES and i my day is then ruined by the inability i have to pay for one at this point in time.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP