So basically the bridge pickup in my Squier strat is total crap, and irreparable from the factory. I've posted about it a couple of times.
With help of my guitar teacher, I've narrowed it down to 3 pickups: The Pro Track, The Chopper, and The Fast Track.
With this guitar, I'll be playing stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, but I'd also want the guitar to be able to play stuff like Mötley Crüe. I also might be playing in my high school's Jazz Band. It's more like rocky jazz, not like Django Rheinhart or something. But more rock-ish kinda stuff, so it dosn't have to be super smooth sounding or anything.
So based on that stuff, what do you guys think? I've heard the Pro Track in my teachers guitar and it's sound amazing. He said based on the stuff I want to play, he'd recommend The Chopper, plus the name "The Chopper", sound pretty awesome.
Thanks a lot.

Edit: The Fast Track 1, not 2
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 2, 2013,
None of the above. A Seymour Duncan Little '59 (or if you can splash the cash around, their custom shop single-size Pearly Gates) is more appropriate for all of those tones. If you wire in a series/parallel switch then you can still get a rough approximation of a normal Strat bridge pickup for the SRV stuff and when wired series it has the hotter-PAF characteristics that's typical of rawer rock like Crüe. Comparatively, the Dimarzios, which all use blade designs, have a much smoother and compressed—in short, more modern—response.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I've heard that the single coil sized Seymour Duncan humbuckers sound bad.

Digitech Bad Monkey

I've been told cream cheese tastes bad. I've heard that lukewarm tomato juice is really delicious. I've heard that Gibson make really shoddy plywood guitars, Fenders can't be used for metal, Marshall amps can't "do cleans" and that Jimi Hendrix was a talentless hack who lucked his way to fame.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Or you could stray away fro, seymour duncan, look into some boutiques. But for jazz to motley crue, they single sized pearly gates is gonna be the most versitile. If the body is routed for SSH why not put a proper humbucker in, like a dimarzio 36th. I really enjoyed that pickup when i had it in my squier. Really versitile.

How often are you really gonna be using your bridge pickup for jazz though?
Quote by MrFlibble
I've been told cream cheese tastes bad. I've heard that lukewarm tomato juice is really delicious. I've heard that Gibson make really shoddy plywood guitars, Fenders can't be used for metal, Marshall amps can't "do cleans" and that Jimi Hendrix was a talentless hack who lucked his way to fame.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Are you implying that cream cheese tastes good? Because you'd be very, very wrong.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ZepJunkie
Or you could stray away fro, seymour duncan, look into some boutiques. But for jazz to motley crue, they single sized pearly gates is gonna be the most versitile. If the body is routed for SSH why not put a proper humbucker in, like a dimarzio 36th. I really enjoyed that pickup when i had it in my squier. Really versitile.

How often are you really gonna be using your bridge pickup for jazz though?

As I said, it's more rocky jazz. We'll do anything from 50's slow jazz standards to Earth, Wind, and Fire. So probably pretty often. Also, I would be practicing at home with it, I like the sound of the bridge pickup more than the neck. So I would be using it more.

Digitech Bad Monkey

I just listened to some demos of the Chopper, I have to say, it sounds really good. With good lead sounds, and nice gainy stuff, like Mötley Crüe.

Digitech Bad Monkey

"rocky jazz"

You're still not going to use the bridge pickup, realistically, not on a strat. Throw a PAF clone in the Bridge, and a couple of vintage output SC in the neck and middle.

Also, since when is Earth, Wind and Fire Jazz!? Dafuq?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
You're still not going to use the bridge pickup, realistically, not on a strat. Throw a PAF clone in the Bridge, and a couple of vintage output SC in the neck and middle.

Also, since when is Earth, Wind and Fire Jazz!? Dafuq?

It's not really. We do "pep band" stuff for colleges. We also do Loveshack.

Digitech Bad Monkey