Suffers from the common issue with Line6 related amps I'm afraid.

That horrible fizz in the top end.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think they're good for live use.

But they're kinda mediocre for recording. It's mainly their simulations though, that fizz is always horrible.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Apr 2, 2013,
I don't have a good enough space to record decently. I found that a lot of the high fuzz was coming from this ugly rack setting I had placed in the mastering track. I'll also try to fine tune the tone, later on. It can be worked around.
I actually found Pod to be really useful for recording at home due to volume restrictions- but not so good for live (once my drummer gets going I need valves to be heard!!). However I agree it's definitely good practice to mic up if possible- it seems to make a drastic difference!

The great thing about the digital is getting massive gain at low volumes- mic that up through a small amp and you can still get some great sounds. To get those sounds with valves you have to really cook it...

The tone hear isn't too bad tho and I have heard a LOT worse ;-)
Jack Butler's gonna like you..!

tomlloydjones.com
At first the tone really came at me kind of awkward, but it grew on me by 0:24 when you introduced the synth and I said to myself "I think this is a glimpse into how Mars Volta would sound if they did dark metal"...it had that unresolved dissonance thing about it.

The playing, the structure, musically it's very kick ass and you sound quite pro.

I do understand the micing preference, but man I can't do it. It always sounds like dogshit when I try. And I love the sound of my amp - it's a Mesa Rectoverb and I've got the proverbial SM57 and even a KSM27 and it doesn't matter where I put them or how loud I drive them, it always sounds like I'm recording over a telephone line. I bow to the engineers on this one.

Here's mine if you care to give it a listen..I direct recorded from a Marshal valvestate (stolen, sons of bitches) using a DI box with a cab simulator.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1594397
I honestly hate the tone now haha. I recorded it with my old guitar. And like I said, this preset I had placed in the master track kinda amplified that fizz more than it needed to be. I'll probably retrack it sometime this weekend and let you guys know how it turns out. \m/ Thanks for the feedback