Sorry for the any mistakes in my spelling. Anyways my neighbor moved in a few years back. I spent a lot of money sound proofing my basement so my band would not bother her. You can crank my amps and just destroy the drums and you cannot here it outside of the basement. She now has a new boyfriend who has his Drums and his Bass amp at her house needless to say they do not have sound proofing and I can hear him as tho he was in my living room. He plays at 7-8am and late into the night. Am I a hypocrite if I say hey man your being to loud? I have no issue that he plays he is ok at what he dose, but the loudness is getting to me. Also to add he dose not live there he just keeps his gear there to play because his neighbors called the cops on him.
Why would that make you a hypocrite? You've made the effort not to disturb others, he sounds like an ignorant asshole and you would be well within your rights to taser the dude.
I think you'd be considered a hypocrite if you didn't soundproof your basement. So, no. Youuuuu goood

@ Mattmez-
are you sure they arent playing at ridiculous times to spite you?

what im trying to say, are you sure you are soundproofed effectively?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
are you sure they arent playing at ridiculous times to spite you?

what im trying to say, are you sure you are soundproofed effectively?

That's a really good point.
No, you're not being a hypocrite. You sound proofed your basement with your money. You didn't have to. Actually they're the ones being hypocrites for not soundproofing.
Sound proof your living room

No seriously, you're not being a hypocrite but the contrary, you're concerned about the consequences of your actions, in your place I'd talk to him about it, maybe even explain your efforts of soundproofing to make a point. In the worst scenario you could call the cops too
Soundproofing your basement makes you awesome. The other guy is either a dick, or he doesn't realize how loud it is. Just bring it up nicely, musician to musician. You could ask him to jam sometime too.

On a semi-related note, the temporary band I assembled to play some songs at the local coffeehouse has been having issues with scheduling for practice. The drummer just said we could practice in his apartment because he just brought his acoustic set there. I don't think he realizes how awful of an idea that is.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals